Brew Timer for Android

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the top where is currently says "Boil Timer" change to "Brew Timer - [MODE]" were [MODE] would be "Boil Mode" or "Mash Mode".

When on click "New Profile" ask which mode desired, then "Enter Profile Name"....

Bottom Menu, move "Preferences" to the "More" menu and replace with "Mode Type" to allow current timer to be changed modes in a pop-up. This would probably need some sort of alert that "Timers will be reset if mode is changed"

Just my thoughts. Thanks for your work

I just saved a 45 minute, 60 minute and 90 minute "recipe" with no additions in it for my Mashes.

I used this timer on my last 2 beers and it crashed out during both of them, leaving me with a very bitter IPA. :( Has anybody else had this problem? I had the timer running but had to do some other things on my phone and when I went back to the app it had frozen. I just removed it and reinstalled it and I'm hopeful on my next beers.

Hey Cernst151,

I have not seen this happen before in my testing. I use the app on a Galaxy 4S and an old Droid Incredible. Can you tell me about the phone you're using? Is it rooted? Anything else happening on the phone noticeable? I checked the Developers console and no errors/crashes have been reported there that can give me a clue to what is happening.

Thanks,

Adam

Hey Cernst151,

I have not seen this happen before in my testing. I use the app on a Galaxy 4S and an old Droid Incredible. Can you tell me about the phone you're using? Is it rooted? Anything else happening on the phone noticeable? I checked the Developers console and no errors/crashes have been reported there that can give me a clue to what is happening.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam,
Thanks for checking in. It's a Droid Razr through Verizon. I haven't noticed any other issues with it. I haven't brewed since that day but plan on doing a few batches with friends this weekend. I've reinstalled the app and will try it, with another timer as a backup, this weeekend when I brew again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Colin

Alright, keep me in the loop and I'll see what I can do.

I brewed a couple batches this weekend and it worked fine. Hopefully the previous batches were a fluke. One thing I wish is that the audio alert would continue until you turn it off like my alarm clock in the morning. The alarm went off and I didn't hear it. Luckily my buddy heard a sound which made me check my phone. Is there any way to make the alert continue until you tap it?

So, I went in to settings and found that I already had selected continuous alerting but I de-selected it and re-selected it and also played around with other settings a bit. Now it alerts very adamantly. Thanks!

Glad it's all working out for you now. I think there are a couple of little gotchas when the app initializes on a phone the first time. I'm working on an update right now (import and export of profiles in a BeerXML format) and I take some time to see if I have some problems down there.

Thanks a lot for your feedback and enjoy!

Hey Everyone,

I finally getting around to an update for the timer (Life has been way too busy...). This update will have a couple of changes:
  • Added ability to import BeerXML files and build a profile from it.
  • Allows you to export all your files and then import onto that same or different device (good for changing phones or creating a backup.)
  • Various updates to deal with the newer AnroidOS releases.
  • Fixed a few bugs I found with the UI and functionality.

If any of you still the app and want to test the new one for me drop me a message and I'll add you to the BETA test list. I should release the BETA in the next couple of weeks. I'm currently testing it myself.

Also if you have any comments, etc. please send them my way. I'm already starting to plan the next update.

Adam

The BETA is out. If you want to give it a try drop me a message. In a couple of weeks I should release the final version to the Google Play store.

Thanks!

Adam

Version 1.01 is out now. Next version I'm starting to work on will add a mashing mode to time your mashes. If anyone uses it and has some input on what they'd like to see, chime in here and I'll see what I can do.

Back