Painted 7oz bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MobyMD

Reaction score
I am in the process of making a ridiculously strong eisbeer and needed some smaller bottles. Found these 7oz green glass bottles. I primed it white. Then painted the blue sky. The sand is a textured spray paint from lowes (awesome stuff). Printed the picture on photo paper and cut it out.

image-3957939554.jpg

Please let me know what you think and how I could improve it. If you want to see the beer that will fill it go to https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/bi-polar-bear-30-abv-367718/. Thanks

Attachments

• image-1462652074.jpg
    image-1462652074.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 889
Thanks. It is somewhat of a time consuming process but it is worth it for a beer that could be aged 10 years or more. Any ideas on how to water proof the paint and picture?

Thanks! The bottles are 7oz heinekens. $5.99 for six at most grocery stores. There are 7oz corona called coronitas but the neck of the bottles are weak.

Thanks crazyirish34, that is a good idea. I think I might even have some.

I didn't end up having any on hand but I got some at Hobby Lobby. I sprayed them last night. They look great. It put a nice shine on them and will hopefully make them water resistant. Thanks for the idea!

So funny just started doing this to a couple batches of apfelwein that dont get much attention, Applejack some would say?
Was planning on brewing a stout this weekend with a bunch of oats and feed it like 120min with additions each day till it hits around 18-20% with WLP099....Then eis it!

So theres my story lol, was JUST thinking about how much i would have to pour when dealing with 12oz.
Where did you find the 7oz?

AMAZING work on those bottles btw, Really great idea to paint them

Thanks. The bottles are 7oz heinekens. $5.99 for six at most grocery stores. Not great for drinking but cool little bottles. Good luck on your Applejack.

Back