• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB kegging equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thrashernyc

Reaction score
Ok so i just bought my mini fridge and its ready to be converted to a kegorator. I plan on having two taps come out of it and figure this would be all the stuff i need to have it complete some i have some i dont. Kind of on a tight budget and have been doing pretty well with prices on stuff so far and hoping to continue my budget kegorator.
List:

If you have any of the stuff im looking to buy and are local or will ship let me know

Need:
Co2 Regulator (with 1 gauge telling me how much co2 i have and one with pressure with a wye fitting to split the lines)
2 hoses for beer and 2 for co2(will just buy these new)
a tower with 2 faucets (no rush for this i plan on getting a picnic faucet type thing and just open/close the fridge to serve to start off with unless someone has a used tower for cheap :D)

Have:
Mini Fridge - Already have
Keg(s) - Already have
Co2 Tank - Already have

Anything you guys think im missing? or will need?

Also whats good to use to clean the kegs i washed them with a powerwasher at work but they still smell like soda.

Thanks

Don't forget a shutoff/check valve for each of the gas lines. Also, if you want to keep the CO2 tank outside of the kegerator, you may want to run one gas line into it and split it with a manifold inside.

Don't forget a shutoff/check valve for each of the gas lines. Also, if you want to keep the CO2 tank outside of the kegerator, you may want to run one gas line into it and split it with a manifold inside.

Yeah kinda pieced the shutoff valves into the regulator with the wye didn't should have been more specific.

With the co2 tank i have a 5# and a 10#, the 10 wont fit in the fridge so it'll either end up becoming my force carb tank eventually or one day ill run the tank from the outside with a manifold, but right now im going for cheapest possible scenario since im broke right now but have some pieces so i'd rather get it up and running for now. :D

Yeah kinda pieced the shutoff valves into the regulator with the wye didn't should have been more specific.

With the co2 tank i have a 5# and a 10#, the 10 wont fit in the fridge so it'll either end up becoming my force carb tank eventually or one day ill run the tank from the outside with a manifold, but right now im going for cheapest possible scenario since im broke right now but have some pieces so i'd rather get it up and running for now. :D

No worries. In truth, the price of the manifold is not much different than a wye, and you will use less tubing.

I bought mine from keg connection. http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=249 I could not find anything cheaper with the check valves when factoring in the shipping.

If you can find the check valves, the manifold itself is very inexpensive. http://www.harborfreight.com/2-in-1-air-manifold-93979.html

Back