Think i really f'd up this time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillbillyDeluxe

Reaction score
Brewed an all grain last night using a stovetop method(Modified) i got from deathbrewer. All went great, i reccomend it by the way. I then fell asleep in my recliner without adding my aroma hops. Beer sat tillmorning(Propane burner flamed out so no prroblem there but my question is can i reheat and add hops or dry hop it(i have pellets?

Oh, by the way, hops i bittered with are warrior and i need to add columbus. I know that i may have off flavors now due to the cooling method but i've screwed up like that before without too many ill effects.

I'd think I'd want to reheat the wort to kill any wild bacteria or yeast that may want to compete with the yeast you want to use and then add the aroma hops.

If you just want to pitch into the already cooled wort, dry hop with what you were originally going to use.

I think it will be fine. Have you brewed this recipe before? If so it would be interesting to compare the results with the previous batch.

I think so too. I dont have anything to compare it too though. Its my first AG batch. I tried deathbrewers stovetop method. Its my first one, and i hopped the piss out of it(As far as alphas go). Used warriors to bitter and columbus to aroma. I love that combo in a stout so i thought ive always thought it would be goodin a pale ale. I'll let yaknow.

I decided to reheat, hop it for 15 min with the columbus and then hit it with the chiller. Whadaya think?

Give it shot, and don't do a shot until its all done and over with, wort in the fermentor and the yeast is pitched.

Don't fall asleep either!!! :D

I was rather amused reading this. Drank cider one time, got so messed up that I don't remember pitching my yeast. Guess I got everything done on autopilot. I now limit my own drinking while brewing so I don't fark it up royally. Live & Learn, right?

Back