Homebrewer's Lament

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vellum

Reaction score
Well it has been a long week for me. I had knee surgery on Monday and doctor says I can't have any alcohol while on the pain meds, which is too bad because my Mac and jacks clone as well as a honey wheat are ready to drink. So this is my lament for myself an others who have been patient, waiting to heal, before enjoying a wonderful pint of their homemade tonic.

With that said...please drink an extra pint for me this Christmas and don't forget to leave one out for Santa as well.

Happy holidays!

When I injured my back and they put me on pain meds, I just adjusted my beer intake. Mom didn't raise no quitter!

I recently broke my arm and had the same directions. I just switched to Non-alcoholic beers for a while. I have to say, there are semi decent ones out there these days. Try Becks, Kaliber, and Bitburger.

That really sucks! I can't imagine being told I can't drink beer while I heal. I'll be sure to have an extra one in your honor.

beergolf said:
Use beer as your pain med..........

Enough and you won't feel any pain.

I tried that when I had bad discs in my neck. Turns out there hasn't been enough beer brewed to get past that nerve pain. A titanium plate and 6 screws later and it's all good.

I'll second that. Worse pain in my life was a pinched never from ruptured disk in my neck. Pain meds hardly made it bareable. Luckily traction and PT made it ok. Still have to do traction once in a while but no surgery yet

I'll say it. Pain meds and beer go great together. I'm not talking about getting blackout drunk, but 2 or so 6% beers with your vicodin or percocet is sublime.

And to the haters, I'm not a drug addict nor do I routinely abuse perscription meds, but I will will always admit to enjoying a little "recreational chemistry".

Whatever. Don't judge me.:mug:

I dunno - I had a procedure a couple years ago and later thought, "do I take the meds and not drink, or do I go out with my buddy and have a few beers and no meds." I chose the second one, and later I was a little hammered and I had an incision that hurt like a m*********er.

When I had bacterial pneumonia I couldn't drink for 3 weeks because of the meds. Then I drank for a week before suffering a major concussion. Didn't drink for 2.5 months after that because of those crazy meds.

Worst 4 months ever! (Birthday and St. Patty's Day)

Back