Seriously...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I've never liked the site. I had some hope in their redesign earlier this year but nope...

The beerfly section is decent to give me a few options for places to check out when I'm in a city I've never visited.

I find ratebeer.com to be far more in line with my tastes. I love how on beeradvocate, a reviewer will do nothing but talk about a beer's shortcomings and then still rate it over a 4. Seem more snobs than advocates to me.

i can't stand beeradvocate. They don't know how to run the site without pissing everyone off. I love the app though...oh wait they still don't have one haha

Reminds me a little of rotten tomatoes. I go there to inspect the green and red tomatoes but ignore most of the drivel.

The reviews for any particular beer are about as consistent as reviews from this site:
http://www.its-pub-night.com/2009/03/beer-review-generator.html

That is awesome. Sums up 90% of the BA reviews I read.

I will say it's a good place to get a feel for a beer bar / store. I like it for that, and some local stuff. But the arogance that sometimes shows is ridiculous.

I also hate the nazi locking of threads that dare mention anything but beer. My last straw with regular visits was when they locked a thread about breweries that also make good root/birch beer because it doesn't contain talk of beer beer. C'mon guys.

I like that I can log the craft beers that I drink. I like to keep a record and I have yet to run across a beer that is not on that site. Most of the reviews are bunk but if you take them with a grain of salt you can get the general consensus for a particular beer. I also like it as resource - you can learn a lot from the info they have. Its not all bad.

I like that I can log the craft beers that I drink. I like to keep a record and I have yet to run across a beer that is not on that site. Most of the reviews are bunk but if you take them with a grain of salt you can get the general consensus for a particular beer. I also like it as resource - you can learn a lot from the info they have. Its not all bad.

If you're looking for logging check out Untappd.

Back