Finally broke a carboy...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KENTUCKYBREWER

Reaction score
I just killed my 6.5, it was the first carboy I bought back in 1996 when I picked up the hobby back in San Diego.

She will be missed...
2295554218_d810a00060.jpg

Collateral damage.
2295554230_fd6d76fb4d.jpg

At the very least I need 4 stitches probably 5 but its 11pm, I've been drinking, and crazy glue and kleenex made for a fine patch job :drunk:

time to get a handle. they really come in handy. i've dropped 3 carboys. only one broke, but it was enough. nothing like cleaning glass off the bathroom floor.

Yeah, I have handles and still don't trust them. What sucks about breaking this one is that I had it on the sink, it was draining and when I took a hand off to grab a tube to put up the bottle neck to get air in so it would to flow faster is when it slipped forward and thunked the bottom of the sink. My hand just kind of fell in with all the breakage.

On the up side, 98% of the mess was contained in the sink so no mop was involved.

Now SWMBO is freaked out and wants me to stop brewing, and pitched a ***** about the 4 carboys I have in the back bathroom (its dark and holds a nice 68*) and is worried about my boys getting hurt by them. :rolleyes:

I didn't realize she had issue with my hobby.

Gosh I'll miss her...;)

Back