Homebrewery setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aclockworkblue

Reaction score
I finally finished my rig! More info and pictures to follow if interested.

image-3118860282.jpg

Nice job on the design/build. I'm a big fan of essentially building a structure around Blichmann floor burners. It makes so many things easier. And the hard plumbing takes your rig up another notch or two...

Cheers!

Thanks for your kind comments! I did build it myself using 80/20. I'm including some more pictures if the rig and brewery.

image-2382097164.jpg

Wow, beautiful!

Is that aluminum? Does the frame get hot when you brew?

Hey thanks a lot!

Yes it's made from 80/20 Aluminum.
No it is only warm to the touch after a 90min boil.
The burners are far enough away to not really heat it up.

Yea, it does CIP.
I also hook up my conical to it and run cleaner in the closed system loop.

Hey thanks a lot!

Yes it's made from 80/20 Aluminum.
No it is only warm to the touch after a 90min boil.
The burners are far enough away to not really heat it up.

Good to know. I'm still trying to decide on a design for my brew stand. I might have to give this stuff some thought. May I ask why you settled on this particular design using the 80/20? Did you consider other materials/designs?

I did. I had a top tier and its made from the same stuff, I wanted a single tier system.
This stuff is strong as hell and light weight. I wanted something i can get around on my own. One person can wheel it around with ease.
PM me I can probably dig up my detailed diagrams somewhere if you're interested.

LOL, that's nicer than my 1 bbl kal clone at my nanobrewery.

Good work.

Am I missing something? Are you running propane indoors without ventilation? Surely I am missing something.

Am I missing something? Are you running propane indoors without ventilation? Surely I am missing something.

Literally about to post the same question! I didn't see a vent hood anywhere. Luckily, it looks like you have a comfy chair to pass out upon when the CO overwhelms you! Haha, JK!

Hey thanks for saying. I really love building up my home brewery. It's a hobby in its own.

I do not brew indoors, I brew either in my garage or off the side of the house. The rig is on wheels so pretty much where ever. Those Blichmann burners throw out so much gas it's crazy. I do all my cleaning and pretty much everything else but the brewing in there.
I do love brewing outdoors. My wife always jokes how I pick either the coldest or windiest days to brew, but those are always the most fun!

Yeah the sink helps out so much. That power nozzle will blast about anything off, and its nice to fill up one with sanitizer and the other with clean water and do the soak then dunk method.

Man, that's a lot of expensive hardware for a 5 gallon setup.

Why does that matter? We're home brewers here, not commercial brewers.

Some of us just love brewing and spend the money for quality reasons rather then quantity.

Nonetheless, looks like 3 different kettle sizes to me along with room on the stand to go bigger.

Those look like 10 gallon pots.

10GAL are not that wide. I would say atleast 20gal pots with the option to do very tedious 15gal batches

but like someone else said, why would it matter? Even if they were 10gal pots the only upgrade needed to move to 10-15gal would be....bigger pots, he already has the insane rig.

To the OP, that sculpture is a beast! Looks sick, would love to have something like that.

Back