• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: 1 BBL Pilot System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njredsoxfan

Reaction score
Starting a brew pub in the northeast and looking for a 1 BBL pilot system. Already contacted Stout and PsychoBrew, but their lead time is a bit longer than I wanted. Anyone know of someone selling a 1 BBL system, or another company (other than Stout & Psycho) to check out?

There is a guy on Denver Craigslist selling a 55 gallon for $5500 and 105 gallon for $6995 or something in that ballpark. I think the guy is in Washington state.

Side note: Wildwest, I do realize this isn't a 1 bbl system either but thought it might help the OP.

You can probably contract out the fabrication locally if you know what you want. I've you've been brewing for a while, you probably do. If you're just the business guy, I'd suppose not. There's a guy in South Jersey selling 55 gallon stainless drums for $100 a piece. That's a good start on a 1BBL system.

Are you looking to run natural gas or electric? If electric, you can skip a lot of the headache by buying one of Kal's controllers at theelectricbrewery.com

Off topic: $100 for 55 gallon stainless drum seems like a great deal!

Bobby, if you go electric with the 55 gal drum, how much would an element cost to heat that much liquid? I would imagine it being pretty expensive.

dallasdb said:
Off topic: $100 for 55 gallon stainless drum seems like a great deal!

Bobby, if you go electric with the 55 gal drum, how much would an element cost to heat that much liquid? I would imagine it being pretty expensive.

You need a 50amp system and run 2 x 4500 watt elements per vessel. You could use 2 x5500 elements but you would be pushing the limit of a 50amp circuit. Kal does sell a 50 amp version, just need to contact his builder, Mike @ spikeinnovations. I have been debating on upgrading my panel to 50 amps, won't take much.

I have 3 55g SS 20gauge drums I might be interested in selling. All are welded with 1/2" couplers, 1/4" temp probe couplers and two drums have 1" nuts for dual electric elements. So basically a MT, HLT, BK.

This system heats water pretty fast with dual 5500w elements and costs waaaaaaay less than propane or NG. Insulations would also help a lot with heating times.

Ranger9913 said:
I have 3 55g SS 20gauge drums I might be interested in selling. All are welded with 1/2" couplers, 1/4" temp probe couplers and two drums have 1" nuts for dual electric elements. So basically a MT, HLT, BK.

This system heats water pretty fast with dual 5500w elements and costs waaaaaaay less than propane or NG. Insulations would also help a lot with heating times.

I am interested, tried to pm, but you are full.

Back