Kegerator Equipment Recommendations ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerBottles

Reaction score
Hi folks!

I am restoring a 1950s GE fridge for my next kegerator. :ban:

I have read some beer lines are better than others. Also Perlicks seems to be everyone's choice for faucets.

I would like the best stuff, but not sure what to buy or where to buy from.

Planning on taking fridge to an auto painter, so I want the components to look good too.

thanks!:mug:

I buy all of my kegging equipment (other than faucets) from Micromatic. They're a little more expensive, but the quality is top notch.

I believe Austin Homebrew Supplies has the cheapest Perlick 525ss faucets right now.

I'm gonna throw my vote behind kegconnection.com I had great experiences with them. They're a little backlogged right now from the extreme cold in TX this past week, but if you give em a call, they'll get you set up.

I used kegconnection as well last year. They were a little slow but did right in the end. I'd but from them again if I ever need more keg stuff.

Third vote for kegconnection. Their customer service is great and they have a lot of great stuff. They will assemble pretty much all of the equipment for you and if you are buying a lot of stuff are willing to deal a little when it comes to price

I bought their homebrew kegerator kit and built a cabinet around it and put a nice countertop on it as well. It turned out really well and looks like a professional piece of furniture. If you have the time I recommend doing a cabinet (take some measurements and go to IKEA, they have all sorts of cabinet options that you can customize to your needs. I ended up getting two wall mount cabinets and bridging them with a side panel). The cabinet looks so much better then just a refrigerator plus there's room inside the cabinet for the CO2 and regulator so its not visible from the outside. But since you have a 1950's fridge that will probably look really cool too.

Thank you guys.

I ended up using Kegconnection.com since folks were saying the svc was good... and suprisingly saved 34 bucks after mentioning the recommendations I got on homebrewtalk.com at the end of the call.

So I if you need more stuff from them I would recommend doing the same.

Got the perlicks with the creamer option.

We need keg stores in Utah... but since kegs are illegal unless you own a bar here, I don't suppose the store would do well.

BeerBottles said:
We need keg stores in Utah... but since kegs are illegal unless you own a bar here, I don't suppose the store would do well.

Doesn't Utah have a big Mormon population? That only shouldn't make it illegal but it might make opening a beer store more difficult to become successful.

Doesn't Utah have a big Mormon population? That only shouldn't make it illegal but it might make opening a beer store more difficult to become successful.

Yes, but surprisingly, the LHBS in Salt Lake City has customers in it every minute of the day. Maybe because they are only 1 of 2 stores in the state!

There is another one that just opened in Ogden, but has only 1/2 the stuff, so I drive an hour to Salt Lake to get anything beyond basic equipment.

Back