I HATE UPS....They are horrible.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middleofnowhere

Reaction score
keg.JPG

Does anyone else think the tracking on this order seems a little odd???

the stuff about clearing and brokerage is info only, not actual shipments so if you ignore that stuff it looks to be traveling in a straight line more or less.

I send over 70,000 packages a year with UPS and usually only have a couple problems.

Forrest

They guarantee it for Thursday, and say it is still on time, but little do they know it is at least 2 days by road to get here from Lachine.

The tracking info never looks like this when I get shipments from Austin Homebrew, it just goes straight to Lachine.

I am just impatient, those are my kegs and kegerator stuff. I need that, ok so I want it really really bad.

Oh damn. I totally gasped when I looked at that closely.

...then remembered that Canada prefers to put use day/month, not month/day. >.<

/me waves from the other end of the country!

I hate ups because try refuse to leave stuff at the door of my condo. Forcing me to drive 25 miles each way in traffic after work everytime I get a package. Really annoying.

A friend of mine just retired from UPS. Started his own business. Doing what he wants to do. which is Voice Over work. He has a great set of pipes.

paint me the color of envy.

I hate ups because try refuse to leave stuff at the door of my condo. Forcing me to drive 25 miles each way in traffic after work everytime I get a package. Really annoying.

I have the opposite problem. They'll leave anything sitting on my door step even though they're only a 10 minute drive from my house. Hell the package could have a neon sign saying "Please steal me I'm thousands of dollars worth of equipment" and the bastards will happily let it sit on my little porch.

I love UPS!!!!! They bring me shiny new beer related stuff nearly every day of the week. When they don't bring me shiny new beer related stuff it really sucks because then I have to travel outside and go to a store to buy shiny new beer related stuff.

I was expecting this thread to be about pkg arrival and brokerage fee costs....but i guess that thread won't come til thursday... ;)

I was expecting this thread to be about pkg arrival and brokerage fee costs....but i guess that thread won't come til thursday... ;)

I expect brokerage fees, (I am over it and have stopped complaining about those), but I will pretty much make a guarantee right now that my kegs won't be here tomorrow. There is no way the kegs will make it from Lachine, Quebec to Labrador City by tomorrow. If they do, I will write a public apology to them right here as soon as I get the kegs.

You will know right away if I get them, because I will take pictures of me molesting the kegs and beer lines.

I can't have a homebrew, my beer is all sitting in carboys waiting for kegs. The only beer in my fridge right now is Sleeman's Light, Coors Light and Bud Light Lime....do you see why I am on edge???

(those beer were all free and were accepted as gifts because II am having a halloween party and I don't want people to drink all of my hoegaarden clone and pumpkin ale)

Develope (Cool Canadian spelling eh) a relationship with your driver
Oh
LEAVE A NOTE, He WILL drop it off for you

I send over 70,000 packages a year with UPS and usually only have a couple problems.

Forrest

This
I ship UPS every day for near 7 years and can count on one finger how many issues I've had

I can't have a homebrew, my beer is all sitting in carboys waiting for kegs. The only beer in my fridge right now is Sleeman's Light, Coors Light and Bud Light Lime....do you see why I am on edge???

i don't care for the Bud Light Lime, however...i DO like the Moose Light Lime.much better taste IMO...not sure if you'd be able to get it up there or not....As for coors light...i bought a 55pack of them to keep in the fridge for when a few guys come over, mention homebrew and i get a weird look.....here's a coor's..enjoy..:ban:

I cant wait till tomorrow

You will be disappointed as I am sure I will be.... We don't actually have a UPS depot here, it is handled by a 3rd party. The old 3rd party that used to do it, was awesome, the new guys suck. I have been there to pick up stuff before (you actually have to go look for it on the shelves in the warehouse yourself), and noticed other things that I was waiting weeks for sitting on the floor next to it.

So if it shows up today I will publicly apologize like I said I would.

I guess in reality, it isn't UPS I hate, it is the 3rd party, oh well, I guess UPS is guilty by association.

I dislike FedEx and UPS because they INSIST on leaving stuff at my door, EVEN with the Sig req'd option. Therefore, I am forced to have everything go to my workplace. Which inevitably menas that if a shipment would normally arrive on a Saturday, it gets delayed til Monday. Of course you don;t know that until you get the tracking number.

I would gladly drive to the FedEx/UPS hub if they'd JUST SEND THE PACKAGE BACK TO THE HUB. In fact, the hub is along my way home.

I learned my lesson after having a few packages leave my doorstep. Even with Sig Req'd.

Looks like the right controller

Only time I hate UPS is when that lovely brown truck drives down my road, and doesn't leave me any presents.
I've never had a bad transaction with UPS. A lot of it has to do with the individual UPS guy too though. Mine knows where to leave stuff if nobody is home.

UPS delivered my tower and perlicks to the wrong door the other day. It said "delivered" but there was nothing at the front door, so I started walking around the condo-complex. Sure enough, it was sitting in the alcove of a vacant. Glad I was home at the time.

UPS normally does a good job, However, I used to have shipments sent to my workplace and twice UPS delivered my Northern Brewer orders to a business ~1 mile from here. Same business both times! These orders were a couple of months apart and both times, the address on the package was correct. In each instance, my package arrived at my workplace, albeit, a couple of days later than they should.

i'm interested in this as well. The brokerage fees is the main reason why alot of cdns dislike, and refuse to deal with UPS.

Yeah, UPS always kills me with brokerage fees and I am not sure how they are calculated. It seems it is random. I order 2 kits from Austin Homebrew a week apart, the shipping costs were almost identical as the weights were very close. One I was charged $37 brokerage fees and one was $22.

But from now on I am going to use DME instead of LME and AHBS will be able to ship via USPS and I will end up saving the brokerage.

Back