SNIZZLE-07 Dec 14th. Chef Paul's Bavarian Lodge, Lisle, IL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vav said:
Am i too much of a newbie to come out for this?

Nope, not at all. But I'm kidding about Rdwj picking up the bill. Good luck getting him to even pay his portion.

Cheesefood said:
Nope, not at all. But I'm kidding about Rdwj picking up the bill. Good luck getting him to even pay his portion.

hahaha, ok, imma bring the girlfriend (favorites are Leffe and Elliot Ness.)

Cheesefood said:

Glad you cleared that up - lol.

Yes, all new members are welcome. That's why I asked Cheese to start a new thread. Hopefully we'll attract more members this way.

Bummer, I don't get back to the area until the 15th. (Gurnee).

Anything else going on during between the 15th and the first half of January? I will be around and without any brewing equipment during that time.

heinz57 said:
Bummer, I don't get back to the area until the 15th. (Gurnee).

Anything else going on during between the 15th and the first half of January? I will be around and without any brewing equipment during that time.

What's one day?

Come on - it'll be fun!

I'll be there ... not sure if we'll be able to get grandma & grandpa to babysit for the evening, but if they do then the wife my join me.

Quick question, are we bringing homebrew samples?

srm775 said:
I'll be there ... not sure if we'll be able to get grandma & grandpa to babysit for the evening, but if they do then the wife my join me.

Quick question, are we bringing homebrew samples?

You can if you want, but it's not a requirement. We did a parking lot exchange last time

Looks like my SWMBO is in. Also, I talked to Snakebone over the weekend and he and his SWMBO are probably going to attend too. Seems like we're going to have a pretty nice outing.

Cool! Unfortunately, since I haven't been able to brew since late September, I have very little drinkable homebrew left to swap. What I do have has been recently bottled and won't be ready, but I may bring it for future sampling.

However, I will be brewing in the new place this Saturday!:ban: I know I'll probably freeze my ass off and I don't care.

My wife wants to come but we need to figure out babysitting.

EDIT: Anyone in the area have kids capable and interested in babysitting a 2 year old for a couple of hours?

rdwj said:
Looks like my SWMBO is in. Also, I talked to Snakebone over the weekend and he and his SWMBO are probably going to attend too. Seems like we're going to have a pretty nice outing.
Looks like there will be a small caravan from Plainfield as Borny and SWMBO from the MACBG board may be coming too.
http://www.free90free.com/peshchat/viewtopic.php?t=966

rdwj said:
You can if you want, but it's not a requirement. We did a parking lot exchange last time

Excellent, I'll bring a bottle (22oz) of my Belgian Dubbel and a couple bottles of my cream ale that's conditioning now.

Any one know if Chef Pauls has a problem with us bringing in a few beers, or has the subject not been broached.

Ok. girlfriend and i are officially in. This is what we look like.

1354251651_l.jpg

Looks like we may not be going to my holiday party on the 15th which means my wife will be able to join us for dinner and we won't have to bring the rug-rat.

Cheesefood said:
Looks like we may not be going to my holiday party on the 15th which means my wife will be able to join us for dinner and we won't have to bring the rug-rat.

Good to gear. We're gonna need a bigger table than last time!

Have fun everyone. I had my eye on this and was trying to fit it in, but its not in the cards for me this time around.

jvh261 said:
Have fun everyone. I had my eye on this and was trying to fit it in, but its not in the cards for me this time around.

too bad - next time hopefully.

Is someone going to make a reservation? Seems like we should since it's a pretty large group.

rdwj said:
Is someone going to make a reservation? Seems like we should since it's a pretty large group.
I think cheese is working on it, based on the thread at the MACBG board.

I switched my schedule around a work a bit, so i'm off at 6. We'll be slightly late, but we'll be there with bells on, or somesuch.

Someone please sample "Surly Darkness", the Russian Imperial Stout that's supposed to be tapped the 13th according to their website.

Ize

Ize said:
Someone please sample "Surly Darkness", the Russian Imperial Stout that's supposed to be tapped the 13th according to their website.

Ize

Will do!

Just one last bump to see it there are any additional participants.

I'm hoping Cheese made the reservation :mug:

The best reservation time available is at 8:00. Any earlier and we have to be at 2 tables.

so 8:00, reservation is under the name Robb.

We'll be arriving ~7:30pm, so 8pm is probably a good time to sit down and eat. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Did anybody notice this on their beer list?
New! Kalamazoo Royal Amber Ale (American Amber Ale brewed by Bell's Brewery)
Is Bell's quietly coming back to Illinois?

FermentEd said:
Did anybody notice this on their beer list?
Is Bell's quietly coming back to Illinois?

Yeah, it's been talked about alot on the local homebrew club list serve I subscribe to. They did a tapping of that and another one a while back. It seemed that the thought was they were trying to quietly re-enter the Ill. market place. Someone also mentioned that they'll probably face litigation from the distributors once they're found out, so Bell's re-entry in the Ill. marketplace may be short-lived.

Back