Anyone seen or used one of these before?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm

Doing the same thing... if u get to that site, willygoat.com do avdearch for " double jet out door cooker"

Ok I see what your looking at. Never seen em before either. Can't find any BTU info on it.

46bb.jpg

I hear they are super inefficient, never used one, almost bought one, went with the sp10 instead.

I use the double jet burner to boil crawfish on. I can get 40qts cold water to a boil in about 15 mins. It's fine for that, but with a wort, the heat is so concentrated at one point, I'd be worried about scorching, so I use a different burner (just in black):

45b.jpg

I have the Bayou classic version.

It is really loud but will get you to a boil in a hurry. I built a couple of heatsticks and only use the burner to augment them when I want to speed things up or get a more intense boil.

When I used the burner alone, I never had scorching problems

If you want efficiency and quiet you cannot beat the Blichmann burner. It's so quiet you could brew at a funeral and no one would hear it!
Worth every dime!

Back