How to convert sanke to ball lock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd

Reaction score
I know someone makes a kit to do this without cutting. I just can't seem to figure out who it was.

Does anyone know?

uh, plasma cutter and torch? I have seen the opposite done a bunch. old soda cornies that have been cut and hae a sanke top welded in. Never seen a kit, but that means nothing.

David I think that is what I was looking for. The one I had orginally seen was just the ball lock connectors. My cousin is looking at a commerial kegerator and he would like to be able to switch between sanke and corny without any perminent mods. I might contact Todd and see what he can put together for me.

Thanks.

The simplest way to switch back and forth is to install quick-disconnects into the lines.

Todd said:
Can you show me what you mean?

You can even use disconnects meant for air tools, kits from northerntool.com are dirt cheap. You just have to get the appropriate hose barbs. I'd use the female for the faucet/co2 side, then the cheaper nipples on the corny/sanke.

Bobby_M said:
You can even use disconnects meant for air tools, kits from northerntool.com are dirt cheap. You just have to get the appropriate hose barbs. I'd use the female for the faucet/co2 side, then the cheaper nipples on the corny/sanke.
You use qd's for airtools on beer lines? I thought of doing this until I pulled a female fitting apart and found that they had put it together with locktite and that they seal with rubber. I would love to be able to use free qd's on my new 3 tier. Tell me what you know

When I had them in my shop, the compressor would come on/off even when nothing being used. Ok for a compressor if the QD's leak, but not ok when it's your CO2 in a tank -- I'm a skeptic of using these type of disconnects for your keg setup...

I just scored a danby commercial keg cooler for a song:ban:
I also was wanting to know what I would need to do to connect corney kegs to my commercial setup.

I can't tell you how helpfull this site has been in my homebrewing adventures!

Cheers:mug:

St. Patrick's of Texas sells a 2" modified end cap that will clamp to a sanke keg with a 2" Tri-clamp clamp. www.stpats.com . Click on Barrel tools on the right hand side scroll. Then scroll down to "Barrel Topping—Components for Modified Kegs". You should see the 2" model for $95.00. It isn't a ball lock conversion but it will alllow you to dispense from a sanke keg with the spear removed.

Back