Broke my first carboy today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmv

Reaction score
Was getting a box of beer out this morning for the boys at work and moved my carboy to what I thought was out of the way, grabbed a box of beer and next thing I knew it was on the floor in hundred peices. I hope these guys will enjoy it.......

I put my nice new carboy full of sanitizer outside and forgot it over night then I checked the next morning and the carboy had shattered and there was a carboy-shaped block of ice sitting there instead...

I would recommend keeping your carboy in a larger plastic container, which is what I do while my beer is fermenting. This way, there is much less chance of breakage, as well as it keeps the liquid contained if it breaks while full. I also have a square plastic milk crate that it fits snuggly in for storage. There are definitely ways to minimize breakage, so why not?

I would recommend keeping your carboy in a larger plastic container, which is what I do while my beer is fermenting. This way, there is much less chance of breakage, as well as it keeps the liquid contained if it breaks while full. I also have a square plastic milk crate that it fits snuggly in for storage. There are definitely ways to minimize breakage, so why not?

What mics do you use for your home recordings? How long have you been doing audio?

Latest posts

Back