Badger Brewing FIRENOG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgerBrigade

Reaction score
Badger Brewing
FireNog:

[OK guys! I know the HomeBrew Forum is for brew.... But this is the Holidays and I have had friends beat down my door to TRY to get this recipe! People who have had my FireNog say "That is THE BEST EGGNOG I have ever had!" So I needed to share with my brewer buds.... keep in mind, this should be keep a secret just for you guys.... try to horde the Nog recipe...lol]

Some people like to add a little more spirit to the following recipe, remember Mark Twain's observation that "too much of anything is bad, but too much whiskey is just enough."

This is for 1 gallon but I normally make five so if you want to make more just multiply this recipe to however much you want to do...
One last thing, this is a big one, for this eggnog to come out right do not use a power mixing tool.... For this to come out just right you need to do it how I did all 5 gallons last night, BY HAND WITH A WIRE WHISK! If you're not man enough to whip it out by hand then just use a power mixer but just know it will not be as good... Lol

Beat separately until light in color:
12 egg yolks
Beat in gradually:
1 pound confectioners sugar
Add very slowly, beating consistently:
2 cups dark rum, Brandy or bourbon

Let mixture stand covered for one hour to dispel the "eggy" taste.

Add, beating consistently:
Two cups of rum, Brandy or Bourbon.
1/4 cup cinnamon
2 quarts whipping cream.
3/4 cup peach brandy.

Refrigerate covered for three hours.

Beat until stiff but not dry:
8 egg whites.
Fold them lightly into the other ingredients.

Have a Merry Christmas and do not let your guests drink and drive! This stuff is FIRE!

And if possible, If asked where the recipe came from.... Give props to Badger Brewing :rockin:

You can also Can in Mason Jars as gifts if your broke like me...lol
:mug:

DF304B6B-CCCB-49C6-8F66-09121B9A77C4-708-0000011B527D1CE8.jpg

that's a lot of nog. don't really know anyone who drinks that stuff though. not my thing. I normally only drink rum or scotch neat when not drinking beer/wine/cider. looks like it might be good if you like egg nog though

bottlebomber said:
Crazy.. You actually make a x5 recipe of this? It does sound pretty good.

Ya.... It takes hours.......
I hand whip everything.... No electric mixer.
Love, baby, love..... Lol

You should make a batch.... Super good.
:mug:

I would be into trying a half batch for sure. I've got a dozen chickens so there's plenty of cluck berries going around.

bottlebomber said:
I would be into trying a half batch for sure. I've got a dozen chickens so there's plenty of cluck berries going around.

If you do you will thank me!
But use a mix of rum and brandy...
When I do bigger batches I do a mix of light rum, dark rum, brandy, peach brandy (or apricot brandy) & whiskey ....
NUTS!

READ THIS!!! READ IT.... REEEEAAAAADDDD IT!!! I don't know how many of u played with this last year but the FireNog is becoming more and more popular every year! It is not even the 19th (Traditionally we make our eggnog every year on the 19th or 20th) and so far I've had two emails, three phone calls and a "drop by" asking when it's happening. :eek:

I also had my chiropractor tell me she would buy a bunch... I told her she can keep her money, it is the holidays, after all :)

But trust me guys. If you have brew fermenting or aging and you need a fun Holiday Project
TRY THE FIRENOG!!! It's UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Latest posts

Back