Group Buy in Chicago #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do we set the cutoff for this current buy?

• Close it on Monday, October 8, 2012 11:59 PM

• Close it when we reach 164 sacks?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill - have you ever tried using Chase Quick Pay? It's like Paypal, but free. I log onto Chase, enter your email, then you get an email saying "TyTanium has sent you money". You accept.

Ok some movement!!
So far:
5lbs NB (urbanmyth, ThirstT, cadwallion, RC*2)
5lbs Cascade (cadwallion, TheOneBuz*3, RC*2)
and other lesser picks. We need to get close to an 11lb

Bump me up to 2lbs a piece, especially if we are going to not be running another group buy until March/April. Already torn on whether I should be adding four more sacks or not.

RC0032,

I too want a lb of Northern Brewer hops. I think you may have missed my previous post when you added up the orders.

This is my first time participating and wasn't sure how ordering worked. I was able to login and in the search box enter Canadian. I then entered quantity of 1 bag. The system displayed my order, which includes the PBW I wanted. The question I have, should I be seeing the spreadsheet that other members have referred to? Or is it normal to only see my line items? Is there another link or website to view the whole group's spreadsheet? Thanks for clarifying matters.

Mark

So far:
6lbs NB (urbanmyth, ThirstT, cadwallion*2, RC*2)
6lbs Cascade (cadwallion*2, TheOneBuz*3, RC*2)
2lbs Magnum (metic, RC)
3lbs NB (metic, hot427cobra, RC)

We need to reach 11lbs before we can make it happen!!

You can put me down for a pound of Cascade and Northern Brewer.

Also it will be nice if we are notified of shipment well ahead of time. I'll be able to help move sacks and such but picking up 8 sacks will necessitate borrowing my neighbors truck so I'll need enough time to make sure I can borrow it for the day.

Update:
8lbs Cascade (cadwallion*2, TheOneBuz*3, RC*2, hot427cobra)
2lbs Magnum (metic, RC)

Update:
2lbs Magnum (metic, RC)

Where did the Warrior go? Or did people decide to scrap that? If (as seems likely at the moment) we can't get enough people together for magnum I might switch to something else. (But now that I've gone back through the thread, didn't cadwallion and ThirstT both ask for magnum too?)

My bad wegz15

Update:
2lbs Magnum (metic, RC)
1lb Warrior (wegz15) -I could really do Magnum or Warrior. I want a solid bittering in the freezer.

I'll take 2 lbs of Cascade. Quick (dumb questions): is it from the 2012 harvest, and how do we divy up the 11lb box? Anyone have a vacuum bag setup?

Update:
10lbs Cascade (cadwallion*2, TheOneBuz*3, RC*2, hot427cobra, Jgrove10*2)
2lbs Magnum (metic, RC)
1lb Warrior (wegz15) -I could really do Magnum or Warrior. I want a solid bittering in the freezer.

I dont have food savor....

Jgrove10 said:
I'll take 2 lbs of Cascade. Quick (dumb questions): is it from the 2012 harvest, and how do we divy up the 11lb box? Anyone have a vacuum bag setup?

No chances are very good that the hops we will get will be from the 2011 harvest. Also the person who buys the 11 pounds splits the order during the pickup at Bills place, he has a scale. The people who split generally work out with the buyer how payment will be accepted. I myself will be using Paypal as my primary means to collect.

Signed up earlier today. I'll be buying a 3-4 sacks of grain and some hops depending on the varieties available.

Ok in that case I'll drop my order to 1lb of cascade (we'll be at 9lbs so hopefully we'll still get to 11). I'd rather not be brewing with 1+ yr old hops by the time I get to that 2nd pound.

Is there anyone from Southeast Wisconsin that is already picking up and would not mind picking up 2 bags for me?

arcticz1 said:
Is there anyone from Southeast Wisconsin that is already picking up and would not mind picking up 2 bags for me?

And 2 bags for me as well!

Update:
1lbs NB (urbanmyth, ThirstT, cadwallion*2, RC)
10lbs Cascade (cadwallion*2, TheOneBuz*3, RC*2, hot427cobra, Jgrove10, TheBreweryUnderground)
2lbs Magnum (metic, RC)
3lbs NB (metic, hot427cobra, RC, TheBreweryUnderground)

I made it that way to confuse you....ok im distracted :/

Update:
8lbs NB (urbanmyth, ThirstT, cadwallion*2, RC, metic, hot427cobra, TheBreweryUnderground)
10lbs Cascade (cadwallion*2, TheOneBuz*3, RC*2, hot427cobra, Jgrove10, TheBreweryUnderground)
2lbs Magnum (metic, RC)

I made it that way to confuse you....ok im distracted :/

Update:
8lbs NB (urbanmyth, ThirstT, cadwallion*2, RC, metic, hot427cobra, TheBreweryUnderground)
2lbs Magnum (metic, RC)

I'll do a pound of cascade

I'd take 1 lb of magnum, nice clean bitter, always handy.

And I'm on the fence about splitting some Baird's Dark Crystal c70-80

how may rice hull sacks should we have? I thought it was 1 only. to all those who ordered please let me know. we are at 115 sacks which includes one sack of rice hulls.

i need to get with ghoti and correct some of the fields. ignore the total pricing calculations for now since they are way off.

bmason1623 said:
how may rice hull sacks should we have? I thought it was 1 only. to all those who ordered please let me know. we are at 115 sacks which includes one sack of rice hulls.

I ordered 1

Bill - have you ever tried using Chase Quick Pay? It's like Paypal, but free. I log onto Chase, enter your email, then you get an email saying "TyTanium has sent you money". You accept.

Bump...what do you think about using this as an alternative to PayPal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back