Most Amazing Thing Happened Today...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deacon240

Reaction score
So SWMBO shows up at home and said there was something in the car that followed her home... and that I couldnt get mad about it. We have a lot of pets so I was thinking... **** another pet. And behold! A great package with all my supplies to start my first brew arrived one day early!

Now for the all important debate of starting my first brew today or when I get back from visiting my parents on friday...

:ban::mug::tank:

Great news! You have quite a SWMBO there. Your first brew should be one she'll like.

You might want to hold off until friday (if you already aren't brewing). It will teach you the valuable lesson of patience in this hobby.

Your SWMBO may not be happy with the smell tho.

You might want to hold off until friday (if you already aren't brewing). It will teach you the valuable lesson of patience in this hobby.

Your SWMBO may not be happy with the smell tho.

She'll be happy with it when she tastes the final product. :mug:

Friday,

This will give you time to read on the process and make sure you have all your steps down. You won't have to rush trying to figure everything out.

Good luck.

Common sense would say to wait and augment your knowledge of the recipe and the process. They also say that an expert is someone that has made every mistake possible. Rolling the dice and brewing now gives you on other thing to be thankful for this holiday season. Either way we are all here for you.

I decided to brew now so I left the fermenter alone. Another reason I started now is to make sure I have something ready for my father for xmas. Giving him a 6-12 rack of this first brew, he always wanted to do home brewing. Waiting for the boil right now, have my laptop out in the kitchen to help keep me busy.

Update:

The Yeast have been happily fermenting at about 65. The airlock has slowed down quite drastically since I got home.

I also picked up some supplies at a homebrew shop near my folks place and forgot hops! facepalm! Got everything I need to make an oatmeal stout but I just need to order hops now...

Back