Drug bust turns out to be just beer brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meth labs down here are a real problem. Should the fuzz think I am running a clan-lab and come knocking on my door I wouldn't have a problem. At least they are trying to do their jobs. I'd poor em a pint and tell them thankyou.

Virtuous said:
Meth labs down here are a real problem. Should the fuzz think I am running a clan-lab and come knocking on my door I wouldn't have a problem. At least they are trying to do their jobs. I'd pour em a pint and tell them thank you.
I've said the same thing about my setup. The fuzz are welcome to take a look, but they're not gonna find anything but hops, kettles, and wort chillers.

Interesting how the article says they "discovered a still". Must have mistaken an immersion chiller for a still..............

HA! I didn't see the original post yesterday, so I got a kick out of it. I'm waiting for the same thing to happen to me someday.

ohiobrewtus said:
I'm waiting for the same thing to happen to me someday.
Hopefully, you won't up end like this guy:

'In California thirty-one state and federal drug agents raided Donald P. Scott's 200-acre Malibu ranch on the pretext that marijuana was growing there. Scott was inadvertently killed during the raid. No evidence of marijuana cultivation was discovered, and a subsequent investigation by the Ventura County District Attorney's Office found that the drug agents had been motivated partly by a desire to seize the $5 million ranch. They had obtained an appraisal of the property weeks before the raid.'

The guy lived on Beerescourt Rd. What else would he have been doing there?

This is right up there with a HAZMAT team being called out because a restaurant was roasting chillies.

If he lived in NZ having a still would be perfectly legal as its one of the few countries in the world that allows home distillation of alcohol......come on America catch up!

gonzoflick said:
If he lived in NZ having a still would be perfectly legal as its one of the few countries in the world that allows home distillation of alcohol......come on America catch up!

It's in legislation as we type.............

Virtuous said:
Meth labs down here are a real problem. Should the fuzz think I am running a clan-lab and come knocking on my door I wouldn't have a problem. At least they are trying to do their jobs. I'd poor em a pint and tell them thankyou.

yeah but you probably wont be polite or knock, just f u were looking around at your **** f - off while we tear your place apart and seize all this equipment that you'll get back 2 months from now along with a massive bill from a lawyer.

Back