St. Pete FL hombrewshop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airplanedoc

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting my cousin in St Pete a basic equipment kit for Christmas. I can have his SWMBO pick one up in the area rather than ship it to FL.

What are my options for a homebrew shop in the St. Pete area? He lives near the intersection of the Bayside bridge and Campbell Causeway. Any good places close by?

There is boothsbrewing.com also. I prefer the selection of Southern. They make you weight and grind your own grain. A bit weak on the customer service side. Booths will service you up and down, but you don't get that 100% hands on feel

I've been to Southern Brewing www.southernbrewingwinemaking.com in Tampa before. Nice store. Get him a gift cert so he can go look around and have a beer or 2.

I live about 5 miles from your cousin then.

Southern Brewing is by far the best choice. There is a place just south of your cousin, Beer and Winemaking Pantry, but it is a very small shop and not likely to please.

Southern is a haul from St Pete unless you work in Tampa and can get to the shop after work. Your best bet is one of the online retailers for the starter kit. A better thing to do would be to hook him up with one of the brew clubs in the area and let them give him 1 on 1 help. The Pinellas Urban Brewers Guild http://www.pubguild.com/ would be a good one to start at for local help.

Southern is a haul from St Pete unless you work in Tampa and can get to the shop after work. Your best bet is one of the online retailers for the starter kit. A better thing to do would be to hook him up with one of the brew clubs in the area and let them give him 1 on 1 help. The Pinellas Urban Brewers Guild http://www.pubguild.com/ would be a good one to start at for local help.

It's right at 275 and Hillsborough. Brewer is near Courtney Campbell. It is a little trip, but I'd say not more than 30 min. max. If he's going to be brewing, best to get to know your LHBS right away.

OP, have your cousin PM me here and he can come over for a brew session if he wants.

Thanks all. I just found out his GF is working in ATL for a while so he she can't pick it up, and they are having xmas up at her place so her getting it will be a hassle and him getting it home will be a hassle. So I got him a equipment kit with a extract recipe kit shipped for under a C note, pretty good deal I thought. His GF thought it was a good idea, and he would like it so we will see what his reaction is.

PassedPawn, If the reaction is positive, I will pass on your offer to him as well as the info about the stores in his area, and the HB club.

Thanks Again All.

PUBGuild would be glad to help your cousin get into his brewing groove! We're having out next meeting/holiday party on Dec. 14th at Rapp Brewing Co.

Also, while Southern does have a much broader selection, The Pantry does have a decent selection as well. They're probably much easier for him to get to and are always willing to order whatever a customer may need. He should definitely check them out!

Beer and wine makers pantry is great and in Pinellas park. Always helpful with reasonable prices

There's a new shop in downtown st.pete, avid brew company.
1745 1st ave s
st.pete, fl

727-388-6756

Nice selection and great prices. They sell a lot online so their prices are cheap. And they go through a lot of grains and hops so everything is fresh.

Also, a new brew club is starting up in st.pete, its called st.pete brew club...

cheers

Back