Dry hop.. 0 days ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Similar to a hopback/hop rocket, you can add fresh hops to your beer just prior to bottling. A lot of brewers do that trick to give their ales a fresh hops aroma just before kegging/bottling.

There's a couple of ways to do it: Buy or DIY a hop back, buy a hop rocket, add your hops to a hops bag and let it float while you bottle, or do this:

Add a BIAB bag (or paint strainer bag from a hardware store) to your bottling bucket. Sanitize it first, then use it to line the interior of your bottling bucket and hold it in place along the lip of the bucket with binder clips. Add your hops to the bottling bucket with your priming sugar solution and rack from your primary/secondary into the bottling bucket. Then, fill your keg or bottles from there and let the bag do it's work straining out the fresh hops while the bottles fill up. Gravity does all of the work.

:)

Calichusetts said:
Maybe they want you to add the hops the morning you bottle...bottle at night?

I remember reading some article on dry hopping that suggested 3 hours is more than enough to get what you need from it. Here is a similar finding:

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/bk-2012-1104.ch013

Thanks for that link. I really wish I could access more beer research it I don't have the time or resources for it. Love the link!

Back