I have a filet of rockfish

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
How should I cook it? I'd prefer to grill it, but I'll accept any cooking method provided it RAWKS.

What should I spice it with? I pretty much have everything....let's hear it.

Next time try to find some wood planks at your grocery store. I caught some fresh rockfish in the fall and grilled it on some planks after marinading it in a sundried tomato dressing, and then put sundried tomatoes all over it. Dang it was good. They make something similar at the DFH Brewpub and I can't get enough of it. Theirs is all fancy and carmelized...I just don't have the skill to do that.

Dude,
There is a place in Richmond that does the BEST rock. It is a simple recipe.
Coat the fish lightly with salt, pepper, a little crushed red pepper flake, drizzle with high quality extra virgin olive oil and squeeze half a fresh lemon on it. Put it in a roaster pan, and roast uncovered in the oven at 450deg. F for 25 minutes, or till done. Remove from the oven squeeze the remaining half of lemon over the fish, garnish with a sprinkle of italian herbs, and another small drizzle of the olive oil, and serve. It is truly AWESOME!:rockin:

Back