Where to find kegs to convert into Keggles...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Random_Guy

Reaction score
Hey guys. I think I can benefit from obtaining a couple old kegs to turn into keggles. The problem is finding them. I live in God's country and apparently here God hates beer or all alcohol for that matter. There are a few breweries that are in NC. Do they often decommission their commercial kegs and sell them off? Other then trolling Craigslist or ebay for a good find(which I don't usually see much worth anything to me there), where else do you guys legally get these?

Thanks for the heads up!

Maybe check some scrapyards near you. A lot of them stopped taking kegs but you may still be able to find some here and there,

I found several of mine by placing a craigslist ad offering scrap prices with pick-up. I got all I needed at $25 each.

Thats a good call. I never thought of being proactive on CL. These kegs are SS am I correct?

Call the local breweries. They do sometimes get rid of their decommissioned kegs. In my experience, the smaller breweries are more likely to help you out so a call or email would do nicely. GL!

Luckily I live somewhat close to Asheville, NC and there are a few breweries there. May have to make some calls.

I emailed the local brewery here (Harpoon) and they had a decommissioned keg. The bottom was bulging out but that will help settle the trub in one place in the long run.

Back