carbing Apfelwein after 1 year in the carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liquisky

Reaction score
I've had 5 gal of apfelwein in a carboy for exactly one year and would like to bottle it and have it carbed. What's the procedure for this? Should I repitch some yeast or just do it regularly?

Thanks

Or - If you have a keg setup, you can carbonate the cider in the keg, then bottle from there.
The plus side is no yeast sediment.
The down side is the cost of the kegging system / keggerator.
Personally I like still cider, or carbonated cider, hot cider, cold cider, it's all very very good. :drunk:

man, I wish I would have thought to repitch. I just bottled a batch from 9 months ago and bottled as normal.

I guess the 3/4 cup corn sugar will act as a back sweetener...

you dont wate. the fermenation gas has to happon in the closed bottle to make pressure and disolve co2 gas in to the water

If you use a bottling bucket, you can add the sugar, and yeast, rack into it and go to town as normal. The racking should mix up everything.
If you racking from the carboy you need to insure you mix the sugar and yeast evenly before bottling.

Back