• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Glycol beer line chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called there number and for a smaller one $350. I am sure you could talk them down. I would love one but I don't have the time for a project like that right now.

I've replied to his other Craigs postings and he quoted me $300 for their smallest chiller.

He never replied as to what is available for $50.

Hope somebody else had better luck than I did.

Gothic_Horror said:
How do those work?

They cool the glycol in a tank to a set temp and then pump the glycol to your tap and back or to what ever you want to chill. This is a basic expiation of how they work.

With a decent reservoir and a jacketed or coiled fermenter they can be leveraged for cooling or maintaining fermentation temps in hot environments. I agree that $350 is a bargain depending on the manufacturer and options. Lowest I've seen decent used units go for is 5-600 with no warranty.

marcb said:
With a decent reservoir and a jacketed or coiled fermenter they can be leveraged for cooling or maintaining fermentation temps in hot environments. I agree that $350 is a bargain depending on the manufacturer and options. Lowest I've seen decent used units go for is 5-600 with no warranty.

What percentage of propylene glycol to water ratio does anyone recommend in tapper lines and chillers? 20, 30, 40, or 50%

Latest posts

Back