• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS: 2 Keggles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chingis74

Reaction score
Hello all,

Up for sale is 2 keggles. Both keggles were purchased legally. Both have tops cut out to fit a lid perfectly. Got lids from local store off of crab pots.

Each keg does not have holes drilled for weldless ball valve. If you want, I can drill the holes in them at the height of your request for no charge.

Looking to get 100 per keg. Will throw in a lid for $15 more. If you want, I can will purchase a ball valve and install it for only the cost of the valve. The LHBS sells them for $20 I believe.

Willing to ship if you pay for the shipping. Just know that it will be expensive.

Kegs are located near Trenton, NJ. If local, I will meet up near my surrounding areas. Will come near Philly to drop these off. Just wont cross the bridge due to tolls.

The kegs will be cleaned of all labels before selling.

you can email me at [email protected].

keg.jpg

keg top.jpg

since you bumped three times, my only thoughts are you are a little higher than people usually sell these for. look up some old threads and see what they end up selling for around here.

Not an outrageous price, really. These are legal kegs. Great price if you do the math. $20 or so over going rate for legal kegs with valves It's a good deal.

Jmo

Hate to say it but there are quite a few people that dont buy the kegs. A $30 deposit is a lot cheaper than $100 plus shipping. Side note, I'm pretty close to you, which LHBS are you talking about?

CoalCracker said:
Just because its a 30 dollar deposit doesn't make it legit. Good price for legal kegs if you ask me!

Legally obtained or not who cares? Is it a morality thing? Or does AB have an elite team of keg police cracking down on home brewers and BBQ'ers?

Not the legality debate again. Maybe I'm a cynic, but I don't ever trust anyone's "These ones is legal" story anyway.

If valves are included, that's getting closer to a good deal, but I don't think they are from looking at the OP. At least he's got more traffic on this tread now and might sell them, right?

Of course, SweetSounds, you sold me some "legal" kegs for less than half this price not too long ago. Are you saying they weren't legal? :)

drewmedic23 said:
Hate to say it but there are quite a few people that dont buy the kegs. A $30 deposit is a lot cheaper than $100 plus shipping. Side note, I'm pretty close to you, which LHBS are you talking about?

I go to Princeton homebrew. I see you are active duty. Where you stationed?

You can say that I am lying about how I got these. I know they are legit. I am not going to sell something illegal. That's just me. I am also aloud to sell it for whatever price. To me, if I am going to put time into cutting and cleaning and making it look nice, then that's worth something to me.

I did sell a couple to you didn't I? That was a while ago!

The kegs I had were AB - And technically not legal.

However, I bought them from some folks that couldn't return them. Then I TRIED to return them. Store wouldn't take them back. So I sold them to folks that could use them. I don't think that's immoral ;)

If the store won't take them, and I don't want to store them, is the landfil a better idea? I think no.

Back to OP: It's a good price. Someone will have a good pot at the end of this hijacking :ban:

I never said you were lying Chingis74. I don't care if kegs are legal or not -- I think that debate is dumb. I'm just saying I don't ever trust anyone's stories while horse trading.

Hope you can sell them for that price, if so, I will put some of mine up as well. I just commented because these usually sell in the 60-80 dollar range on here and thought since you bumped your post three times you might not know that. But I'm all about getting what you can for things.

I go to Princeton homebrew. I see you are active duty. Where you stationed?

You can say that I am lying about how I got these. I know they are legit. I am not going to sell something illegal. That's just me. I am also aloud to sell it for whatever price. To me, if I am going to put time into cutting and cleaning and making it look nice, then that's worth something to me.

Im at Fort Drum right now but I'm ETSing this week and moving back to Jackson. Ill have to check out the Princeton store when I get back

drewmedic23 said:
Im at Fort Drum right now but I'm ETSing this week and moving back to Jackson. Ill have to check out the Princeton store when I get back

I am at McGuire afb. Princeton has great prices. Best I have found. 15 bucks for 3 pounds dme. I have built a relationship with the guy. Pretty awesome dude. His name is joe. He gives military discount too

rellot said:
I never said you were lying Chingis74. I don't care if kegs are legal or not -- I think that debate is dumb. I'm just saying I don't ever trust anyone's stories while horse trading.

Hope you can sell them for that price, if so, I will put some of mine up as well. I just commented because these usually sell in the 60-80 dollar range on here and thought since you bumped your post three times you might not know that. But I'm all about getting what you can for things.

I understand man. Guy off Craigslist bought one for that price. I have seen a slide in prices. I am not firm on the price. Just what I want and I work with them from there

drewmedic23 said:

Princeton is also one of the only places you can find East Coast Yeasts. You're lucky to have that store so close. :)

Great! Im going to check it out later this week. I go to the brewers apprentice in freehold now but Ill have to check out the princeton store..thanks!

Back