Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pic is a little dark but is that a 2-1/2 foot collar!?!

Looks something like that. Here is a quick and dirty lightening of the pic:

fixed.jpg

Recently we moved into a new house so I'll be starting from scratch again with an unfinished basement. One thing for sure is that the bar made the trip.

basement01_web.jpg

Berry if we were friends and I lived in the area. I would not leave the vicinity of the couch and bar. That is truly beautiful. I just went down stairs poured my self a glass of beer and cried looking at my old beat up so called kegerator. Thanks allot a** h***

Recently we moved into a new house so I'll be starting from scratch again with an unfinished basement. One thing for sure is that the bar made the trip.

basement01_web.jpg

It sounds like that was a picture of his last basement and has to finish his new one still. That was one sweet setup though. The nice thing is that you can finish it any way you like now. I'm in that same boat right now. Almost done. :rockin:

Here is my new Danby 440 conversion. Nothing ya'll haven't seen, but i'm super proud of it! I bought the Danby from HH Gregg for $150. It turned out great and I definitely saved some money over buying a brand new dual kegerator.

This is my first post, but i have to say i've gained a WEALTH of knowledge from these forums and would have never been able to do this without the information!

I used a 3" stainless tower and Perlicks from Kegconnection.com.

I originally planned on building a garage kegerator, but it turned out so nice that the wife is allowing it inside, hehe!

Currently on tap is a SNPA clone and i've got a Sunshine Wheat recipe on deck.

PhotoMar2291827AM.jpg

Can you snap some interior photos of that? I was looking at Home Depot and found a kegerator already built, but wanted to know what cubic size this is and what the interior looked like?

Thanks!

Here is my new Danby 440 conversion. Nothing ya'll haven't seen, but i'm super proud of it! I bought the Danby from HH Gregg for $150. It turned out great and I definitely saved some money over buying a brand new dual kegerator.

This is my first post, but i have to say i've gained a WEALTH of knowledge from these forums and would have never been able to do this without the information!

I used a 3" stainless tower and Perlicks from Kegconnection.com.

I originally planned on building a garage kegerator, but it turned out so nice that the wife is allowing it inside, hehe!

Currently on tap is a SNPA clone and i've got a Sunshine Wheat recipe on deck.

PhotoMar2291827AM.jpg

mwmoose152 said:
Can you snap some interior photos of that? I was looking at Home Depot and found a kegerator already built, but wanted to know what cubic size this is and what the interior looked like?

Thanks!

Sure. I'll snap some as soon as I get a chance. I believe it's 4.4 cubic ft fridge. It will hold 2 ball-lock cornies with only modifications to the door. To fit pin-locks, you have to cut the sides where shelves go in.

Thanks to my lovely wife she let me upgrade my dual tap to add 4 taps for homebrew in a 9 cubic foot chest freezer off of craigslist which was 2 yrs old for $100. a friend gave me a 20 lb CO2 tank for free and I already had the extra regulator, so I bought a mainfold and temp controller.. pretty cheap all together.
so now I have 6 taps and the wife is happy. Taps are handmade from surgical equipment as I work in the Operating Room..

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

doublesimcoe said:
Thanks to my lovely wife she let me upgrade my dual tap to add 4 taps for homebrew in a 9 cubic foot chest freezer off of craigslist which was 2 yrs old for $100. a friend gave me a 20 lb CO2 tank for free and I already had the extra regulator, so I bought a mainfold and temp controller.. pretty cheap all together.
so now I have 6 taps and the wife is happy. Taps are handmade from surgical equipment as I work in the Operating Room..

Too cool man. Just too awesome. Love it

It plays mortal combat..along with about 3000 other games. Pretty much anything prior to the mid-90's runs arcade perfect on mame

I made this for $450 instead of paying $900 (the pre-assembled price). It holds TWO corny kegs and a 5 lb CO2 tank!

I had to bend the freezer section against the back wall, cut out the shelves inside the door and remove some of the interior wall accommodate the second keg.

100_1598.JPG

100_1600.JPG

Here's my upright keezer. It has kind of evolved over time but here is a brief run down of what I have done so far: I removed the wire mesh shelves, added the Love temp controller, added my own top shelf (much sturdier than original), added a cable track thing just because I had one and it keeps the wires from knocking over stuff on the shelf, and I drilled a hole in the bottom for the CO2 line which is 3/8 OD PE tubing (I really like push-to-connect fittings if you can't tell). I made the 4-port CO2 manifold from a block of aluminum (2 ports are plugged for now - the keezer easily holds 4 cornies). My beer lines are 1/4 OD (.177 ID) PE tubing. I cut the barbs off two picnic taps and then drilled and tapped them for 1/8 NPT fittings. The fittings hold the taps firmly in place on the mounting bracket, although I did add a small ss screw to keep them from rotating. The "rigid-mounted" picnic taps work really well for now until I'm ready to spend some more $$$ on faucets & shanks.

KR1.JPG

KR2.JPG

KR3.JPG

KR4.JPG

KR5.JPG

KR6.JPG

KR7.JPG

Hi, here is our just finished keezer build. Our goal was to as taps to the bar and have it look clean so we went for a window in the wall style. When pushed up to the wall it looks built in practically so we are quite pleased!

(apologies if the pics are huge. I am sending this from the android app so not sure if it scales them. I will resize when I get to a pc.)

ForumRunner_20110327_190105.jpg

ForumRunner_20110327_190127.jpg

ForumRunner_20110327_190136.jpg

ForumRunner_20110327_190158.jpg

ForumRunner_20110327_190221.jpg

Looking for a little help too. The bottom holds right at the set temp (32) but the higher in the freezer the high the temp. I have a control unit that allows to change it into a fridge. I have lined the wood with a blue foam but that does not seem to be helping to much. Will my beer freeze on the bottom if the bottom is around 25 and the top of the chest is around 35 degrees? And where should I keep the tanks if the temp is really low?
http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx206/amcline82/Kegerator/?action=view&current=IMG_3267.jpg
http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/...2/Kegerator/?action=view&current=IMG_3268.jpg

I bit the bullet and started this project two days ago after lurking this site for a few weeks.

I started with a Frigidaire 4.4 Compact and ended up wanting a better top then just a cover over the plastic top. I made this from Oak laminate 3/4" plywood stained with a Dark Cherry stain and gloss poly. I added a few handles from Ikea to keep my glass from a tumble.

I am now waiting on my Love TS2 temperature controlled and the tower I ordered, both of which arrive on Thursday! First brew to be poured is a Surley Furious from Northen Brewer which started two weeks ago and is nearly ready for a 2nd.

ZRpq9l.jpg

uhVBhl.jpg

I started building this a while back but had no motivation to finish it because I didn't have taps. I'm in the middle of deciding how to alter my brewing set-up so with a new march pump so instead of brewing I spent this weekend cleaning the garage up and finishing off the project. I wanted to minimize drilling into/altering the original freezer as much as possible. So this uses all existing holes from the bracket housing the spring. I need to do some caulking sometime. I really should have stained or painted the wood but I wanted to make sure it fit right first. I may disassemble and do it when I add taps but for now, this will do.

Sorry about blackberry pic quality at night. Now for some taps!

IMG00294-20110326-1902.jpg

IMG00296-20110326-1903.jpg

IMG00297-20110326-1903.jpg

IMG00299-20110326-1904.jpg

Looking for a little help too. The bottom holds right at the set temp (32) but the higher in the freezer the high the temp. I have a control unit that allows to change it into a fridge. I have lined the wood with a blue foam but that does not seem to be helping to much. Will my beer freeze on the bottom if the bottom is around 25 and the top of the chest is around 35 degrees? And where should I keep the tanks if the temp is really low?

I am guessing the beer won't freeze as I have left my kegs outside on many a cold winter night. What will freeze is the lines though as there is not much mass or protection in the lines. This may not happen as the tubes are in the tropical part of the keezer.

Your problem is not an insulation one but a circulation one. Warm air rises and you have a thermocline going in your keezer. You could buy a batter operated R.V. fan or create something with a computer fan to circulate the air in the keezer. Do you really have a 10 degree temp spread?

Without building a fan I would set my temp so the bottom of the keezer was at 34 degrees or warmer, or whatever you want to drink your beer at. The diptube is in the bottom of the keg so the temperature near the bottom would likely be the temp of the beer coming out. I don't think a shift of 4 degrees or so in beer temp would make a big difference when it comes to drinking it.

I am guessing the beer won't freeze as I have left my kegs outside on many a cold winter night. What will freeze is the lines though as there is not much mass or protection in the lines. This may not happen as the tubes are in the tropical part of the keezer.

Your problem is not an insulation one but a circulation one. Warm air rises and you have a thermocline going in your keezer. You could buy a batter operated R.V. fan or create something with a computer fan to circulate the air in the keezer. Do you really have a 10 degree temp spread?

Without building a fan I would set my temp so the bottom of the keezer was at 34 degrees or warmer, or whatever you want to drink your beer at. The diptube is in the bottom of the keg so the temperature near the bottom would likely be the temp of the beer coming out. I don't think a shift of 4 degrees or so in beer temp would make a big difference when it comes to drinking it.

I have a 10* temperature gradient in my keezer too. My beer bottles on the bottom froze. The solution is easy. Put your temperature probe at the bottom of the freezer. The reason I had an issue was because my probe was near the top, so it was over cooling the bottom of the freezer by 10 degrees, since my controller was set at 38*...You will still have a temp gradient but nothing will freeze, cuz the bottom will be 38 and the top 48. The temp at the bottom will be the temp you want. And the beer in the kegs will also be that temp and consistent. Only the air temp has the gradient. No big deal really. If you want to eliminate that you need a fan.

Just got my baby all installed. Thanks to the wife for helping me get it's new home so nicely decorated.

This is a Kenmore 8.8, holds 6 ball locks real easy. I did the factory double hinge for the lid and collar, so I can lift just the lid or the entire lid and collar for easy access. I installed a 12v fan for better circulation and 1" r5 insulation on the collar. Triple body Taprite secondary regulator and 4 way distributor w/ a Taprite primary on the tank. I will get some more pics of the inside this week after I get a few gas fittings that are on the way, I'll post up a few pics in the DIY board. Thanks to electrichead for the inspiration and ideas!

P1000533.JPG

P1000535.JPG

P1000543.JPG

P1000545.JPG

I just finished my kegerator. I was trying to decide on a theme for the paint job and since I'm getting my degree in about a month, I decided to pay tribute to my alma mater. It hold 5 5gal cornies (I only have two filled up so far since my pipeline isn't up to speed yet) and has 3 standard taps and 1 stout faucet running pure nitrogen. I have a two gage secondary regulator with a two way manifold on the low pressure gage and a three way manifold on the high pressure side. I've been having a hard time keeping the temperature steady so I got a temp controller and its off by about 5 degrees but it does hold the temperature within a two degree range. And its amazing how much more beer I drink when I can just quickly pull a pint and not have to go to the closet, get a few bottles to put in the fridge, and let them chill for a few hrs. I went through 4 gallons on Irish red by myself in about 10 days. I hope its just the novelty of it all. :drunk:

0323011835.jpg

Coming to the end of my build am i need advice on where i should place my probe. I'm think dead center coming down from the lid of the freezer... I have a power centrifugal fan that will move the air fairly well. It will house 4 kegs an is about 10 Cubic Feet with the colar.

i'm not fermenting (lagering) in it just chilling my kegs and some bottles.

Here are the pics.. i will post some more when its all done.
https://picasaweb.google.com/antonio.castano/MyKegerator?feat=directlink

Latest posts

Back