Brewery Layout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I'll have some big updates soon hopefully. I've moved stuff around a little, and they are finally running the gas lines and hooking up the walk in today. The carpenters came by and took measurements today for the bar area.
The next question I have for y'all is this- what are some desired/ necessary things to have in a tasting room/ bar? THat is the next part of the build.
Hopefully il have some more pics soon

Get some pint glasses and half pints for your guests, if you really to be a tasting bar it helps to have both kinds. Bbq pit, pool table, tv, darts, board games, music, sturdy stools and other seating and tables Dishwasher (major convenience), fridge(s), ice machine. I could go on and on but I think you get it, I run a bar in Napa, CA any questions feel free to message me anytime.

The next question I have for y'all is this- what are some desired/ necessary things to have in a tasting room/ bar? THat is the next part of the build.

After hand-washing my bar glasses dozens of times, I really could use a glass washer like they use in pubs.

RONDELL%20GLASS%20WASHER.JPG

I've been to some with tvs and some without. I prefer the ones without tvs because there is usually more interaction between the patrons. One of the local ones added tvs to draw people during the Olympics giving drink specials every time a US athlete medaled during an event.

One of the best things for a tasting room is a neighbor brewer a couple hours south in Arkansas , LoL. Keep up the good work man

Yes I'll have some big updates soon hopefully. I've moved stuff around a little, and they are finally running the gas lines and hooking up the walk in today. The carpenters came by and took measurements today for the bar area.
Hopefully il have some more pics soon

ok i have a few small updates. We got thee walk in cooler working, still havnt refinished it yet. We put the temp controller out side the unit and wired it straight in.
8491394582_22fccd5caa.jpg
[/url]
IMG_2097 by cpwilly, on Flickr[/IMG]

The unit will only cool down to about 39 on its best day, and then it freezes over so i have to shut it off for a little while. Considering i got the whole set up cooler and all for $100 thats not bad, but I know Im gonna have to replace tha unit soon. I also added a pipe so the condensation doesnt drip and splatter everywhere
8490293903_5422e0ab3e.jpg
[/url]
IMG_2099 by cpwilly, on Flickr[/IMG]

8490294813_5a3059ef9b.jpg
[/url]
IMG_2098 by cpwilly, on Flickr[/IMG]

I also moved the brewing area around to make the space a little more efficient as well as split the room into a clear brewing area and bar area.
8491395312_8f59357ed4.jpg
[/url]
IMG_2101 by cpwilly, on Flickr[/IMG]
8490291921_c36f68084d.jpg
[/url]
IMG_2104 by cpwilly, on Flickr[/IMG]
we also have heat finally!
8491391676_e76fd32cfc.jpg
[/url]
IMG_2103 by cpwilly, on Flickr[/IMG]
The place is still a wreck, hopefully I can get everything wrapped up in the next few months, at least the big projects anyway. Now my attention will be focused on the bar area. I have some high hopes for it!
Also, after a recent trip to the smokey mtns There may be a new type of system in the works..... :cross:
Ill provide more updates and pics when we start building the bar

I wonder if putting a fan in the cooler, blowing on the coils that are freezing up would stop that. That is what most guys end up doing with the window a/c units to make them run down t cooler temps. If out is getting down to 39 it has to be working ok.

The unit will only cool down to about 39 on its best day, and then it freezes over so i have to shut it off for a little while.

Improper refrigerant charge, dirty coils (bad airflow), TXV going bad. Defrost not set up properly. What are your defrost times? how many times a day and for how long?

I don't really understand much about how this thing works, but I was told it was an older small unit that wasn't desined to do much more than cool, and that it doesn't have a defrost. So I may just have to keep it warmer or get one with a defrost.

yea, may be only a few degrees but there is quite a few difference between a cooler and a freezer. A cooler still needs a defrost timer where it shuts down for 15-30 min twice a day. A freezer will have heaters inside the coils.

Back