Keezer condensation, help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorglath

Reaction score
I have a ton of condensation in my keezer, it is such that when active the walls are ice, but when it is off the ice melts and pools on the bottom. Some of my air in connections are starting to grow mold, what has everyone done to avoid this?!

DampRid (Calcium Chloride). Hang a nylon grain bag containing a pound or so of it inside the keezer. Dont open the keezer lid unles u have to.

Yeah, sounds like you seal between the collar and freezer isn't optimal. Also, damp-rid is a must. I've found the fan I use to circulate the air in the keezer also keeps the moisture down. I'd also suggest you might have the keezer temperature a little too low. Mine never gets ice in it.

Agreed...Damp Rid will take care of the problem. I get it at Home Depot and for some reason it is on one of the paint aisles in my store...maybe all stores. It comes in lots of configs: you can buy ready to use bags that have a hanger or you can buy small non-hanging bags or buckets of the stuff. We hang one in our laundry room and I keep a very large bucket inside my boat.

You can also get an Eva-dry E-500. I've heard good things about these (the E-500, not the smaller one). Unlike the Damp Rid, it is also reusable.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H0XFD2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Back