Help! Will my beer be ruined?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

profmorrismsu

Reaction score
I am not really a beginner, but, this the first time I have had this happen so I thought this was the appropriate forum.

Today I bottled a batch. Because I have to drive my family on a 6 hour trip right after bottling, I was unable to drink beer while bottling. I generally make it a rule to drink beer during all stages of the home brewing process. I am worried my sobriety may have caused me to make a mistake.

Will my beer be ruined?

You are screwed. Stop whatever you are doing right now and grab a home brew. The family can wait.

That's such a rookie mistake.

Time won't even heal that batch.

My address is...... :D

Btw - this made me chuckle..

E

You are screwed. Stop whatever you are doing right now and grab a home brew. The family can wait.

+1 I make a point to never do any step of the homebrewing process without a homebrew in hand aside from the boil. For that I have a beer I've deemed worthy for inspiration for the batch in the kettle. (i.e. For my Apocalypse English IPA, I had plenty of Sam Smiths India Ale and Bellhavens Twisted Thistle on hand). My assistant brewer/brother was half lit by the time I added the first finishing hop addition!!!
:tank:

Geez, even I knew that requirement on my very first batch. All I can suggest is to drink beer for the next 3 weeks while this batch carbonates and maybe there's hope.

You have identified the mistake and it is important that you don't repeat it on future batches.

In order to make up for this mistake, you may be required to increase your beer consumption during the subsequent brewing processes until such time that you have made up for the lack of quantity consumed during this past process.

+1 I make a point to never do any step of the homebrewing process without a homebrew in hand aside from the boil. For that I have a beer I've deemed worthy for inspiration for the batch in the kettle. (i.e. For my Apocalypse English IPA, I had plenty of Sam Smiths India Ale and Bellhavens Twisted Thistle on hand). My assistant brewer/brother was half lit by the time I added the first finishing hop addition!!!
:tank:

What do you do on your first batch ever then??????

Craft brews or microbrews is about as close as you can get. You get one freebie on your first batch but after that it has to be a homebrew.

Craft brews or microbrews is about as close as you can get. You get one freebie on your first batch but after that it has to be a homebrew.

Thanks bro. :mug: my first batch ever was a Diamond Knot IPA clone kit. Drank some DFH 60 for that brew. Figured that was the next best thing. And did someone say frisbee!? And it's Saturday and the wife's @ work..... I'm goin' frolfin'! :rockin:

I was going to ask if I could grab a nice microbrew for my first time.

Back