Keg lines gas and beer help.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discgolfin

Reaction score
Ok I have done some searching and made myself a bit more confused I guess. From what I see 5/16 is the standard gas line that most use?

I also see a lot of disconnects that are 1/4.. and regs that say 1/4 that will fit 5/16? gas line?

As for beer line 3/16 seems to be what most use and at 5 to 10 feet length depending on the setup?

I have a reg with 1/4 ends and gas and liquid diconnects that are also 1/4..

I see lots of disconnects that are either 1/4 or 5/16..I have also read that 1/4 ends will fit 5/16?

I probably confused a lot of you but Im a bit confused myself. what do most of you use for your beer end or out end disconnect..1/4?

Thanks for all the input or direction to some better understanding. i really don't want to have to force lines into any ends and want them to fit secure..

Jay

BierMuncher said:
A general rule of thumb is to have a tighter fit.

Dip your hoses into boiling water for 20-30 seconds and they'll fit over those larger ports easier.

I love this board..so quick..

So for the beer line u think use 3/16 over the 1/4 diconnects..just boil and than put over it? What about the gas line...do u clamp the ends tight?

J

Back