tank plug gas vs tank plug liquid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLivermore

Reaction score
who knew!

I thought the metal bits and poppits that go on the "in" and "out" of the keg were interchangeable.

I got these backwards and now the serving plastic bit is stuck to the tank plug gas!

This blows!

I've been trying to get these unstuck for around an hour now, maybe time to give up, go to LHBS and buy new....

Is it a pin lock keg, my balls I can change them and take them off with no problem, the connectors that is.

These 2 pieces are stuck together. Ridiculous!

I can see one of the 2 little metal balls in there that should loosen when I lift the plastic rim is stuck... one on each side...

photo.JPG

WOW it should pop right out of there, easier when they are on the right side, but not that much harder. Maybe you got a bad one? put it make on the keg and some muscle to it. Not much to lose.

holy **** I just now got that off; my least pleasant brewing experience by far!

I tried prying it w/ a screwdriver, bashing it, putting it in hot water in a pot... finally i sat on the keg and yanked the **** out of it. After multiple agonizing attempts it came off. Fingers are sore!

They come on and off super easy when you have them the right way!

Back