Black Friday Beer Supply Specials?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fosgate

Reaction score
I was going to order all this stuff on the 10th but wondering if I should just wait until Black Friday. Anyone know if any supply places run any good online deals at that time? Should I wait?

1 x Plastic Fermenter (7.9 Gallon)
1 x HALLERTAU LEAF HOPS (1 oz)
2 x Beer Bottles 12 oz (case of 24)
1 x Wyeast Cider 4766
1 x Plastic Thief (Fermtech)
1 x Wyeast Weihenstephan Weizen 3068
1 x Blichmann O-Ring Seal Kit for BoilerMakers
1 x Label Making Stickers
1 x Campden Tablets
1 x BoilerMaker Brew Pot (20 Gal)
1 x Blichmann TopTier Floor Burner
1 x Yeast Starter Kit
1 x 45 Bottle Drainer Tree
1 x Carboy Dryer
1 x AHS Mozzarella Cheese Kit ( 4 Batches)
1 x Stainless Steel Spoon (21 inch)
1 x Carboy Cap (6.5 gal carboy)
1 x BeerSmith 2 Software Disc
Sub-Total: $827.72

I remember widespread hops sales on black friday last year along with some random kits that went on sale, and a few pieces of equipment. Maybe a bulk shipping option promo? Nothing special. Keep up to date on Morebeer's daily specials and you'll probably be able to knock out some of that stuff between now and then.

Lat year More Beer rotated a diferent item every hour or so all day. Included everything from kits to brew scultpures at one time or another.

I remember widespread hops sales on black friday last year along with some random kits that went on sale, and a few pieces of equipment.

Lots and Lots of hop deals, I got in on some farmhouse deals CHEAP.

I think anything made by Blichmann is a fixed price, for the most part.

Usually Kegconnection has a black Friday or cyber Monday sale.

just wanted to say that I have been happy with my purchases from Keg Connection. I have bought from them twice and both time looked around for price/quality and they seemed the best option for me. I too am interested about black friday deals for ingredients though...I like to buy in bulk for common ingredients so if anyone else has some insight please fill us in. I think I have gotten good deals from hopsdirect too. Try to support the local brew supply store when you can though...I am not as close now that I moved so online is somewhat easier...

Doubtful that there will be a sale on the Blichmann products. Odds are that you'll see a lot of starter kits on sale, and some pre-made recipe kits. As far as the size of the pot, it's not always better to have a bigger pot just because it costs a little more. Keep in mind that the pot will be wider, and that it will take more volume to even reach the location of the thermometer. You'll also lose more wort between the bottom of the kettle and the dip tube. You can always tilt the kettle, but it will be heavy and hot, and you will disturb the sediment pile if you whirlpool. I wouldn't use a 20 gallon pot unless I was making at least 10 gallon batches every time. If that's the case, go for it!

Eh, they guy bailed on buying it. His loss since I have all my gear and no longer want to sell it. Looks like the best deal we will get maybe is going to be December 17th Free internet shipping day if any brew supplies places participate.

Back