What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long Trail Imperial Pumpkin. A bit early in the season yet, but damn do I love me some pumpkin beer. Also, I don't usually drink Long Trail, but I trusted my gut on this one and wasn't disappointed.

Sam Adams east-west kolsch (interesting use of jasmine, I like it) and their Belgian Saison. Yum.

Asked wife to pick up some bottles while out. She brought home a Sam 24 seasonal mix pack. Good girl...

Dos Equis, Lager Especial. Not bad, but not great either. I'm so ready to get back home and pour a few pints of my home brewed stout tomorrow.

Home for lunch from work. Had Flying Dog Raging *****, Sixpoint Bengali Tiger, Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA, and Green Flash West Coast IPA... I think I'll take the rest of the day off.

Northern Brewer's 115th Dream Imperial IPA – my 3rd all-grain batch. Tasty on this hot Seattle day, but 9.6% ABV is is too good.

SN Beer Camp #53 Floral Ipa. Definatly WestCoast style Ipa and floral.Fairly dry and its a mouthful of floral mildfruit and pine.

Tonight I'm drinking a New Glarus Laughing Fox. We were a stone's throw from Wisconsin this weekend so of course we hopped the border on a beer run. Laid in a supply of Fat Squirrel and Spotted Cow too.

Stone sublimely self-righteous with pan seared ribeye (with scotch,mushroom,shallot sauce) and mustard roast potatoes.

Mmmmmm
:mug:

Drooled a bit.

Has some sam Adams octoberfest with dinner, a glassof.angels envy.bourbon to wash it down, now coors light and some green flash le freak when i get home.

Drinking a Founders Centennial IPA for a little research on centennial before my next batch. I love the floral quality of this beer, delicious!

Green Flash Brewing Co. Barleywine.

I moved recently. I now have a store that sells nothing but imports and micros less than 5 minutes away from my house.

This is gonna be fun.

Brewdog Hardcore IPA, Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Imperial Red, Thor-Bock.
Had an Alaskan Birch Bock and Barleywine yesterday, and inspired me to pull out one of my own.

Just had lost abbey/new belgium brett beer at the bar on campus. Meh beer, but makes syllabus day tolerable.

Have a bottle of the lost abbey version in bottle at home that i hope is better...

It's Miller time!

No wait...it's Firestone Walker Double DBA time! Limited edition, apparently. The self important folks at FW say this will be killer. Well, it better be given the price of admission. This beer is packaged in a cardboard box, so you know it's good!

our_beers_DOUBLE-DBA.png

Also known as their Imperial barrel aged ESB (12%). I wanted to hate this beer at $16 plus tax per bomber, but is was excellent. It's one of the best beers I've ever had. I wasn't impressed after the first gulp. I was like, that gulp just cost me 75 cents and I wasn't blown away, this beer sucks. :D

However, after a few swigs and sniffs it hit me. Holy crap, this is a barrel aged 12% ESB and it's basically perfect in every way. Extra bonus points for having a toasted coconut note and a hint of funk from the barrel.

I want to brew 55 gallons of this tomorrow. Who has a clone recipe?

Back