1982 World's Fair beer tasting.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Reaction score
worldfairbeer.jpg

And, it tastes like............

A very nice pils!!!

Plenty of carb, little head, but very nice. A bit fruity in a very pleasant way.

Then I looked at the can again. Brewed by Great Lakes Brewing Company. That little factette both surprised and pleased me.

Edit: Just finished it. I want another! I only have three left! Anyone know where I can get some more? I'm reminded of the Futurama episode with the can of anchovies! :D

Double edit: If anyone wants the empty cans for the bar or something. I will save them. First come, first serve unless someone from Knoxville wants them, then they get first dibs.

Where did you get those?

My Mother in law has had them in the cellar since they went there (Knoxville) in 1982. She cleaned off the rat piss and dead mice and gave them to me after her hubby died.

It seems a shame that they should fall into the greedy clammy hands of an Englishman, but heck, what can ya do about it. ;)

Edit: My research shows me that that World Fair was the one Bart Simpson went to in an episode of the Simpsons! Are my beers priceless now? LOL

I live close to the Knoxville area and am a UT alum...can I have one of your empty cans for display in my shop? Pretty please? I also LOVE that Simpson's episode where they stumbled onto the wig shop housed in the Sunsphere.

I live close to the Knoxville area and am a UT alum...can I have one of your empty cans for display in my shop? Pretty please? I also LOVE that Simpson's episode where they stumbled onto the wig shop housed in the Sunsphere.

Yup! PM or email your addy. :)

Edit: What kind of shop do you have?

Yup! PM or email your addy. :)

Edit: What kind of shop do you have?

Will do!

As to our shop...not like a store or anything, but a big garage (bigger than the house, for God's sake!) that is basically where we spend all of our time. We do a lot of motorcycle mechanic work, car work, all kinds of just noodling around. Connected to it is a large contrete covered area that we call the Party Porch. In general, you can find us there either working, piddling about, drinking, shooting guns or throwing knives during our waking hours when we don't have to go to our "real" jobs. It is a gathering place for a strange crowd of folks, too. People just wander up all the time. We seem to draw the real weirdos wherever we go. Can't figure out how that happens! :confused:

:D

I'd be interested in an empty can as well, I don't care how you open it. If my ESB turns out decent (kegged today), i'd be happy to ship to a bottle or two. Then I could get a proper Brit's opinion of it. It's a Red Hook knock off.

That's a GREAT episode of Futurama, BTW!

Great Simpsons episode as well. Who would have guessed that Nelson was an Andy Williams fan?

Speaking of Futurama and old stuff, I have a pamphlet called "Futurama" that seems to be from one of the older World Fairs. I got it from my grandparents' house after they both passed away. I took it with some WWII newspapers that I just couldn't watch be thrown out.

If anyone knows what it is and wants it, let me know.

Back