Painting a Keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddzio

Reaction score
Okay folks, one last question before I hit up the hardware store to finish my keezer, right now the body is an ugly white color, I'd like it to be a nice chocolate brown. Would a spray paint primer and one or two coats of spray paint harm it in any way? I know it uses the body of the freezer to vent heat. I can't imagine it would, but better to ask, right?
Thanks!

Okay folks, one last question before I hit up the hardware store to finish my keezer, right now the body is an ugly white color, I'd like it to be a nice chocolate brown. Would a spray paint primer and one or two coats of spray paint harm it in any way? I know it uses the body of the freezer to vent heat. I can't imagine it would, but better to ask, right?
Thanks!

I had no issues at all. You can't get much uglier than mine to start with and I didn't even use primer, just brushed on Tremclad rust paint. Click the link in my sig to see before & after pics.

Back