Breweries/Brewpubs in Vancouver, BC?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

climateboy

Reaction score
Hi, all. Lucky me...I just learned I'm being sent on a business trip to Vancouver in a few weeks. Does anyone know of any good beer-related places to hit out there, which might also be significant-other friendly?

Thanks,

CB

You could hit Granville Island and Steamworks. My favorite brewery in Vancouver is Storm Brewing. They are just a production brewery though, no tap room. Great barrel aged beers though.

I just went to Vancouver a couple months ago for my first time.

Kick a$$ city.

We went to Granville Island. They have a tour and everything.. pretty cheap beer. Ended up sticking around there and drinking for awhile with all the people on the tour. They have a really good Maple Brown Ale.

Check it out.

Definately check out Granville Island Brewery. Excellent beers. If they have the Winter Ale try it... it is one of the finest beers I've ever had.

+1 Granville....The market close by is great also!

I love BC!

Granville Island Brewing is swmbo friendly. It is on Granville Island which is a tourist destination boasting a number of artisan shops and a public market (fishmongers, farm vegetables, bakeries, etc).

Steamworks is Gastown is also swmbo friendly. Gastown is a prime tourist destination with great shopping.

Six acres is a nice restaurant in Gastown with a focus on beer. Chambar also in Gastown focuses on Belgian beers.

Have a great trip, and I hope you enjoy the City.

Thanks, everyone. I'll bring a sterilized jar with me to Granville...maybe I can score some yeast...might bring a growler, too.

Six acres is a nice restaurant in Gastown with a focus on beer. Chambar also in Gastown focuses on Belgian beers.

+1 on these. I'll also suggest the Irish Heather (across the street from Six Acres - which has only bottles, no draft, I might add). Also the Alibi room, which is about 2 blocks east of these 2 on Alexander St. (Home | Alibi Room), has arguably the best taps in the city.

As a Vancouverite, I've gotta be a Granville Island nay-sayer. It's just not THAT good. IMHO. But if you're on Granville Island anyway, why the hell not...?

Hey, thanks, Noel. Yah, I don't think we'll have time for Granville anyway...we're going to spend our "island time" on Salt Spring Island. I'll check out the Alibi Room, sounds great. Also, this Sunday, Storm Brewing has a cask on at The Whip, so I am there for sure (does that sound like a good idea to you?).

I just had Granville Island's IPA, it was pretty good. As a bonus, it comes in a 1 liter flip top bottle:ban:

Don't hate on Granville Island.... I lived in Van for a while. Their regular line up is just that a regular line up of beers nothing remarkable but all their seasonals are amazing. I highly recommend the winter ale, dobblebock or scotch ale if you can get your hands on them. If you want to send a few winter ales my way I'd be stoked!

Hey, thanks, Noel. Yah, I don't think we'll have time for Granville anyway...we're going to spend our "island time" on Salt Spring Island. I'll check out the Alibi Room, sounds great. Also, this Sunday, Storm Brewing has a cask on at The Whip, so I am there for sure (does that sound like a good idea to you?).

In case you are confused, Granville Island is not really an Island. It is in Vancouver, very close to downtown.

I would agree that their regular bottled beer lineup is underwhelming, but I have enjoyed their seasonals which are brewed on Granville Island. As mentioned previously, it is also a good place to bring SWMBO. Lots of artisan shops to keep her happy.

Seriously.. like I mentioned earlier.. their Maple Cream Ale is fantastic.

I just wish there was cheap way of getting a case of it out here in Chicago.

Try the Yaletown brew pub for their own house beers. Six or eight regular brews and a seasonal tap too.

Make sure you try one or more of the Crannog ales - available at the Irish Heather and Alibi room and a few other places in town are without equal. Easily my favorite ales.

Well, my trip is almost over...today is the last day, and the Alibi Room is the clear winner. What a great place...we'll be spending the afternoon there before we get on the plane. Thanks, all!

Back