525 vs 575 perlick

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1KD1

Reaction score
Ok, I already have a 525 SS on my kegerator. For Christmas my wife bought me a 575SS perlick. She was supposed to be getting a 525 but apparently I wasn't clear enough.

My question is, what is the difference between the two and should I just keep it or trade it in on a 525?

I really don't make too many black beers which I thought was the idea behind the 575.

I have 5 taps and they are all 575's. they work just the same as the 525, but if you want a little more head on your beer, it does that nicely. I have a caramel vanilla ale, duvel clone, milk stout, red ale and root beer on tap right now. I've used the creamer on all of them. Like I said - it just makes a nice head and gives you a little extra carbonation for a few minutes
. I'd keep it - why not?

I have read a few horror stories about the 575 getting clogged up and not quite as maintenance free as the 525.

You haven't experienced this? How often do you strip your system down for cleaning?

Don't want to send it back if it will work as well as the 525, I just read some stuff that had me concerned.

I've read a lot of complaints that they leak/stick as well. IME the 525s are bombproof. If you have no desire to use the creamer function, I'd return it.

I have three taps, all of which are 575s. They work fine and I have no complaints. The creamer feature is nice to have. They've been in service for about 8 months now and I've never taken them apart to clean. I just flush the line with a couple of quarts of hot water/Oxyclean every time a keg kicks. Try it, you might like it.

My system is new and I'm on my first kegs, so I can't tell you if they clog or not. I'm 1 month in and haven't had any issues with clogging or sticking.

Back