Old Hops Grab Bag!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Managed to get 4 this time. Thanks!

Thank YOU and to everyone else. We're about half sold out of these already.

What would you folks think of grab bags of newer crops? They'd be in the same price range of 2oz packs on our site now which are still pretty darn competitive. May be just a fun way to buy hops.

I was able to get 1! Too bad only one. I need to work on my hops storage capacity. The better half will already be less than excited about the pound on its way. haha

Where do the hops ship from?

Bellingham, Washington. We ship via USPS priority though so not including Sundays and Holidays and the day they actually ship, it only takes 2-3 days to arrive to all 50 states (add a couple days for Alaska and Hawaii).

Just got my hops. Looking forward to brewing an amber with them next weekend.

ForumRunner_20120523_164222.jpg

12oz of 2010 Amarillo 10.9%
4oz of 2010 Citra 13.4%
4oz 2010 Northern Brewer 8%
8oz 2010 Centennial 9.2%
1lb 2010 Chinook 11.7%
2oz 2008 Warrior 15.8%
4oz 2009 Simcoe 12.4%
2oz 2009 Magnum 10.7%
2oz 2010 Cascade 5.4%
2oz 2009 Saaz 3.5%
2oz 2008 Liberty 4%
6oz 2009 CTZ 12.8%
20120524_163806.jpg

Got my hops today too! Ordered two grab bags plus a pound of Cascade. I think the selection is diverse, very happy with it.

IMG_20120524_183451 (1).jpg

Received mine a few days ago.

6oz Chinook
2oz Amarillo
2oz Fuggle
2oz Centenial
2oz CTZ
1oz Cascade

Was shorted 1 once but was really happy with the variety!

Hey folks, thanks for posting what you got, it's fun for me to as I didn't even see what each person got :) Challenger, sorry for the 1oz packs, one time we made a few 1oz packs for a special package (Homebrew Chef Sean Paxton from The Brewing Network and BYO and I put together a package of 6 1oz packs of various varieties to cook with), next order you place put a comment in, you'll get a lil extra :p

Also, as to requests for more grab bags.. I don't expect to have more of 2oz packs of old stuff but we may have some random full pounds to put out there. Also, since this has become so popular we may make grab bags of current crop year hops. They would of course cost more in line of what current crop hops cost, but it would be fun to get a random assortment. And as you can see we didn't just put really inexpensive hops in these packs. Thank you for your orders, support, and feedback, have fun and cheers!

I've missed both times. Please do more, I want some hops grab bags in my life!

Lol, it's all about us finding them in the warehouse :) I don't think we have any left though.

Would anyone be interested in grab bags of hops powder? These would seriously be incredibly cheap. Warehouse Enforcer Scott does a great job of making sure nobody gets a bunch of powder in their bag of hops and after bagging up a 44# box there is usually an ounce or two of powder. That is labeled, vacuum sealed, and stored. They have been out of a freezer for up to a few months so may be good for lambics. I will check and see if we have any varieties that are specifically good for lambics. More than anything we just want them gone and don't want to lose $ on shipping. Like you, we don't like anything going to waste, ESPECIALLY beer making ingredients :)

I would def pick up a pound of old crop! I got my grab bag and am brewing an APA with 2oz of Citra 2oz Warrior and 2 oz of Amarillo!!!

Warehouse Enforcer Scott is on vacation but when he gets back I'll have him double check stock and anything we have two crop years of or any varieties we no longer stock, I'll put up as random full pounds.

Nikobrew said:
Warehouse Enforcer Scott is on vacation but when he gets back I'll have him double check stock and anything we have two crop years of or any varieties we no longer stock, I'll put up as random full pounds.

Sounds great I'll be watching or it!

:ban:
This one long ass vacation! Hahaha
I NEED MORE HOPS!!!!!

LOL fair enough :) Sorry when he got back some other things came up (good things) and I didn't list any more gab bags. Give me a day or two. Thanks for bumping this thread and putting it fresh in my mind again :)

Ive already used up my grab bag! Im about to have the first taste of my "Sexy Neighbor APA" its a beer that you fantasize about dry hopping and its ok that its a little dirty!

OK folks, we have 20 full pounds of hops from the 2010 crop that we either no longer sell or varieties that we have 2011 crop of. These are a higher price than the 8 2oz bags were as those were also 2009 crop and our cost is higher on these hops (some of the in the 2oz pack grab bags had a higher cost but the average is higher on these ones).

http://www.nikobrew.com/random-pound-o-2010-crop-hops/

Cheers!

Nikko just put in for 2 lbs not sure if it went thru. Can you confirm?

MBay - I don't see it yet. Were you using PayPal? That would have shown up already too just curious thanks.

Nikobrew said:
MBay - I don't see it yet. Were you using PayPal? That would have shown up already too just curious thanks.

Checked out as guest fill the personal info out but it never asked for card....

Checked out as guest fill the personal info out but it never asked for card....

Strange..sorry about that would you give it another try if it doesn't work email me niko at nikobrew dot com with your full name shipping address and if you wanted anything in addition to the two pounds and I can send you a PayPal request and add the order manually. Sorry for the trouble I'm not sure why that happened we've had a lot of orders already today without issue so I don't know. Thanks.

Nikobrew said:

Got it thanks can't wait to see what I get to brew with.

Wait so is it 1 pound of the same mystery hop?

Yes it IS different from before. We're out of the 2oz packs so these are FULL single pounds. I'm sorry I didn't specify that more clearly. If anyone who has already placed an order would like to modify theirs due to that please shoot me an email niko at nikobrew dot com.

I'm in for two! I doubt I would've bought them if I knew what they were; the anticipation and surprise is half the fun. Thanks, Niko!

I'm still in. Hopefully, the two (1) pound bags will be different from each other, but it's all good either way.

Thanks, I will ask Warehouse Enforcer Scott to put in different varieties. There's five different ones in this mix so that should not be a problem for most orders though depending on what's left when the last person orders there may be some duplicates. Also thank you folks for your orders, I have not advertised this anywhere else and we're down to 14 pounds as of right now.

Back