Tribute IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neovox

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
US-05
Yeast Starter
No
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
Tasting Notes
This was my first time working with Falconers Flight hops.
This was my first time working with Falconers Flight hops, and the first sampling of Tribute IPA tastes great. This is a really tasty recipe for anyone else looking to try this new hop combination.

Tribute IPA

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
9.00 lb Pale Malt, Maris Otter (3.0 SRM) Grain 78.3 %
1.00 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM) Grain 8.7 %
0.50 lb Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM) Grain 4.3 %
0.50 lb Honey Malt (25.0 SRM) Grain 4.3 %
0.50 lb Munich Malt (9.0 SRM) Grain 4.3 %
1.00 oz Falconer's Flight [10.50%] (60 min) Hops 36.4 IBU
0.50 oz Falconer's Flight [10.50%] (15 min) Hops 9.0 IBU
0.50 oz Falconer's Flight [10.50%] (10 min) Hops 6.6 IBU
0.50 oz Falconer's Flight [10.50%] (5 min) Hops 3.6 IBU
0.50 oz Falconer's Flight [10.50%] (Dry Hop 7 dayHops -
1 Pkgs Safale American Ale (DCL Yeast #S-05)

Mash Schedule: 154.0 F 60 min

I just saw this hop at my LHBS and the owner said it would be great for an IPA. what can you tell us about this hop? i want to make an IPA using it.

I loved using this hop and will certainly use it again. Another poster had said they found it to be too harsh to use it for bittering. I can totally see where that criticism comes from but by the end of the keg it mellowed quite a bit. I liked this beer, and although it could probably use a little tweaking, it came out very tasty. I might try some other hops in the bittering addition just to see what I can come up with, but my aim here was really to get a feel for it overall. No complaints. It has a nice tropical citrus flavor. I like it a lot.

I am new to the homebrew scene but love to drink beer like most of us. IPA's are one of my favorite and when I was at morebeer's bi-weekly brew demo recently they had an IPA dry hopped with this hop, it was one of the best I have tasted. It was so good I plan to use it for my first IPA.

Bottoms up :0

Back