Beer tap handle hardware

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven4est

Reaction score
I found this guy on the net who said he will custom make me a tap handle for 75 bux if i just give him the hardware. Thats the thing i dont know what hardware i need. My kegerator is going to be from keg connection and the 2 faucet tower so im guessing the usa style is universal. If someone can let me know what hardware ill need put in that would be great thanks!!!

You can buy the threaded insert at Lowes, Ace, Home Depot for about a dollar... and a decorative door handle / drawer pull makes a great topper.

For $75, I hope he's throwing in a happy ending.... :drunk:

I got the inserts at www.WoodCraft.com I also got some pen blanks that I will eventually put on a lathe and turn into my own handles. There are some great looking acrylic pen blanks for $3-$4.
148325.jpg

75 for a custom made handle i though was a great deal. tap handles.com quoted 1000. most regular handles are between 40-80 so i though a design that i made was a steal at 75. you guys know a place where i can get a better price

I'd be curious to see what they look like for $75. The hardware is readily available online at Mcmaster or other shops. I bought a whole pack of them and have yet to make anything into a tap handle. I really need to start looking around for something cool.

http://www.fisherwoodcraft.com/taphandles.php

Fisherwoodcraft is a vendor on here... does great work. Email or PM him.
Thanks cyberpacker, that's very kind of you to say :)

The McMaster-Carr link posted above is exactly what I use. Homebrew shops sell the same items for 10 times the price.

If you want ferrules, check out Beer Avenue. They've got the best prices I've found.

As for price, depending on the design $75 is not unreasonable. I ask $50 for any turnable design around 6" long, including the threaded insert. A ferrule will add $5.

-Joe

i looked at some of the links and the prices are good however for 75 i would be getting a little more of a custom job i think. Im getting my logo which is basically an M mounted at the top of the handle i design which i would think would take a while to do and quite a bit of skill. Hes going to paint it as well, does any one know a place that paints them as well? I told him 9 inches long because i wasnt sure what size i want but it sounded like an average size

With a custom logo and painting, $75 does sound very reasonable. I know based on the amount of time I put into each handle, $50 is really taking a loss on them if I pay myself a reasonable hourly rate.

I don't know of anyone who's doing custom painting of handles.

9" is a nice size for a bar top handle. It's a little tall for a fridge-front handle.

-Joe

One comment on fridge-front handles: it's kind of obvious but make sure that your handle doesn't impinge on the swing of the freezer door. I bought a used setup earlier this year and only have about 4" available for a tap handle.

Back