STC 1000 Question - heat & cold at same time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockindaddy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I searched for over an hour and cannot find an answer to this question. The STC 1000 says it can be switched between hot & cold. My question is.... If I plug the freezer in and a heat source can I just leave it and will they both work depending on the temperature or do I have to manually switch between hot & cold?

The STC1000 is a dual-stage controller, so yes, you can set it up to manage both a compressor and a heat source, set the target temperature and the differential, and it will handle everything...

Cheers!

Thank you! That's what I thought but since the specs said you can switch between the two it kind of confused me. Thanks again!

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/stc-1000-wiring-diagram-question-362214/

Here's what I did:

image-284589265.jpg

image-2009561548.jpg

Works like a charm. The hot side is a reptile heating bulb. I also run a repurposed computer fan in there full time on a separate circuit.

I wired two outlets into mine, which a controls an upright freezer. On the first outlet, one plug controls the freezer, the other plug is hot at all times(to control my stir plate). The other outlet controls the heat side of the Stc-1000, one plug controls a small ceramic space heater and the other plug controls a computer fan to help circulate the hot air. First outlet had the jumper tab broken off, the second one did not. Works great for me

Latest posts

Back