You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When your 2 year old daughter can pronounce "Beer" perfectly... Usually followed by an appreciative "Mmmmm!"

She loves watching the airlocks bubble almost as much as I do. :)

When you drive over a bridge in the middle of winter and see the ice forming on top of the river and think. "Man, that's a lot of beer infected" only to realize its the Niagara River in February.

When you go to a swinger's party with a cooler of homebrew, and you pay more attention to the beer than to the naked people.

To be fair, I actually am working at those parties, and the beer is for when I'm taking my breaks. Don't ask. :confused:

Schol-R-LEA said:
When you go to a swinger's party with a cooler of homebrew, and you pay more attention to the beer than to the naked people.

To be fair, I actually am working at those parties, and the beer is for when I'm taking my breaks. Don't ask. :confused:

Uh...mmm...Eeehh...uuhh..ok I'll leave it at that

oh, hails no... you can't drop sh*t like that and run away

Truth? Ah, what the fug*, why not, I can't embarass myself any more than I have already...

My father runs an online 'adult toy store' (presently offline for complicated reasons), and twice a month I help him set up his wares in one of the rooms at these hotel parties he goes to. Needless to say, I don't actually get paid for this 14+ hours of work, but seeing how I am currently unemployed and living under his roof (nominally to take care of him, but he hardly needs it), and I get into the parties for free, I can hardly complain (too much). While the parties are... lively, it gets old fast when you are spending most of them in one room, waiting for customers to come by, especially after spending 9 hours setting the place up. I while away the time drinking beer and soliciting taste tests from the partygoers, at least when I'm not trying to sell them stuff.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled thread, already in progress...

*With thanks to Norman Mailer's editors.

Schol-R-LEA said:
Truth? Ah, what the fug*, why not, I can't embarass myself any more than I have already...

My father runs an online 'adult toy store' (presently offline for complicated reasons), and twice a month I help him set up his wares in one of the rooms at these hotel parties he goes to. Needless to say, I don't actually get paid for this 14+ hours of work, but seeing how I am currently unemployed and living under his roof (nominally to take care of him, but he hardly needs it), and I get into the parties for free, I can hardly complain (too much). While the parties are... lively, it gets old fast when you are spending most of them in one room, waiting for customers to come by, especially after spending 9 hours setting the place up. I while away the time drinking beer and soliciting taste tests from the partygoers, at least when I'm not trying to sell them stuff.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled thread, already in progress...

*With thanks to Norman Mailer's editors.

:mug:

When explaining the chemistry/physics behind measuring specific gravity to your nursing student sister, you refer to the beer making process.

And apparently, the specific gravity of healthy urine is about the same as some of my lighter ABV beers.

... you spend more time talking about your beer than actually drinking it.

... you give away more beer than you drink yourself.

... your stockpile is approaching the 200 gallon limit, yet you still plan for more brewing sessions.

When you order a Stone IPA at a restaurant, and your 6-year-old son says, "IPA's. Those have a lot of hops, huh Dad?"

When you wake up in the morning, exited as a kid on x-mas, just to see yesterdays batch fermenting.
When you watch the Heineken commerical and realize you have more beer, a lot more beer.

(The 2012 commercial with the beer wardrobe) "heineken beer wardrobe ad" on youtube

When you have 2 batches fermenting,waiting to bottle the light one so you can wash the yeast for the next batch. And the stuff you ordered to brew it is still being "processed".

When you look at small warehouse space and day dream of having a brewery set up with fermenters/bottling stacks/boiler and your logo on everything

You get really excited when you see an amazon deal for a 2 night stay at the "Wort hotel" in your inbox.

image-2383438778.jpg

When you read Matthew 6:25-34, and you realize RDWHAHB is practically Biblical.
For the curious.
Matthew 6:25-34 said:
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

When you completely stop buying booze, because yours is better anyway. :rockin:

tripplehazzard said:
Your wife divorces your cuz she walks in on you sticking it to your carboy.

Or worse yet, you think about divorcing her cause the carboy is more fun :ban:

Just kidding. Haha I can't help it if I have a twisted sense of humor

Latest posts

Back