• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Chris Knights brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisknight

Reaction score
I haven't brewed in almost 2 years so the rig in it's entirety (except for the regulator) will be going up for sale. Anyone here interested before I start asking around? Iv'e been thinking about this for a while and decided that as little as I brew now, I'd be better off going back to a system like I had before in my videos.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/chris-knights-brew-rig-156162/

Yeah.. I really have mixed emotions about it. I'll see if I can find my Excel sheet where I have costs added up. Any reasonable offers? I really haven't given what I want out of it much thought... Maybe I should have done that first. Included are all kegs, hoses, connectors, pump, chiller, rig, etc...

I've been subed to your channel forever and was wondering where you went!

I was really overwhelmed by the amount of communication, emails, questions, etc, that I got stemming from those videos. I wanted to make some more videos for some other ideas but I always felt bad because I couldn't respond to people in a timely manner. It was a lot of fun though. I'm all about the spread of free information and others were picking up where I left off and chiming in so I decided to duck back into the crowd... lol

Here is the link to what I have in it: Link I'd feel really bad about making a profit on the kegs to a fellow brewer but including those in the total puts me in the ball park for labor I suppose. I put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into this rig.

Rig Build

how about you store it at my house...when you want to brew come on up...I'll even make sure you have plenty of gas to brew with...

sounds like a win/win!

I don't know about shipping it. It would be freight for sure but I might consider something if you pay all shipping costs.

Again.. Regulator and all parts back to my NG is not included, nor does the total reflect that. If you think you need a regulator, the part number is in the build thread. Also, the powder coat on the arms is a bit burned from the fire. No big deal though...

chrisknight said:
I was really overwhelmed by the amount of communication, emails, questions, etc, that I got stemming from those videos. I wanted to make some more videos for some other ideas but I always felt bad because I couldn't respond to people in a timely manner. It was a lot of fun though. I'm all about the spread of free information and others were picking up where I left off and chiming in so I decided to duck back into the crowd... lol

Here is the link to what I have in it: Link I'd feel really bad about making a profit on the kegs to a fellow brewer but including those in the total puts me in the ball park for labor I suppose. I put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into this rig.

Rig Build

I hear ya! I'm still very impressed with the rubic cube video!

I know I want what I have in it, plus labor for finished rig. I think my total in the sheet is fair for what it is. Krissy says $2000-$2500 because she saw this: http://www.brewmagic.com/products/brew-magic-v350ms-system
However, this is a home made and (gently) used. ...and no automation. She doesn't really know what she's looking at there. One of my favorite things about this system is recycling the chill. Outputting the chiller back into the boil kettle in a loop brings the temp down in a hurry. What I dislike most about this rig is the pump. As most of you know, the pump is not self priming.

I don't mean to be the A hole but why don't you just post the the price you would like to get for it? You have other posters asking what your price is and your still not posting a price. It's in the forum rules to post a price.
Respectfully,
Maurice

P.s.
Beautiful piece by the way!

This is still available, correct? I may be interested, can't go through everything at the moment (at work) but I will early tomorrow and post back.

Thanks,

Curt

People are PM'ing me about the powder coat. Here are some pix. The RIG comes with everything on the sheet. The pictures show the regulator and the hose back to my NG source, it does not include those items. The burners came from: http://www.shopperschoice.com
Most people will not need a regulator.

burn1.jpg

burn2.jpg

burn3.jpg

Is this still for sale? I'm interested but would have to consult the wife, and run down from northern Michigan to pick it up

I was going to buy this, but plans to pick this up this weekend fell through and I feel terrible about it. I don't want to hold things up for Chris. If anyone else gets to it before me it's yours. Don't miss out on this great rig!

Back