Check out my DIY drip pan!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayWeezie

Reaction score
Completely ridiculous I know. But times are tight and I had a feeling my leaking problem could have been from the bucket I had hanging from the shank assembly.
Solution to that=find something around the house to make into a drip pan.
I do a quick glance around the walls in the manroom and there's a Budweiser tin sign. A few bends and cuts later I got a drip pan.
Still need to figure out the drainage though. Didn't have anything handy to get that far.
Any ideas on the hardware I could use for draining it???

ForumRunner_20110628_225150.jpg

My drip pan, made from a 2 dollar drywall mud holder, is attached with magnets. I just open the garage door and dump it out.

made mine from an old license plate, much like yours. since it had holes in it already i used a dremel to extend those up (narrower, of course) and put two small screws (with heads big enough to fit through the holes), into my fridge door. easy to remove and rinse.

i also used magnets but i use the container that some LME came in... actually i have two of them on the front of the keezer under three taps. the taps are a touch to close to use three of them (i tried), really only need one and just slide it over if your using a different tap, it covers two taps pretty good. so far, working great.

Back