No Stinking Beergun + CO2 Gun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krenshaw

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been using the bowie bottle filler for about a year now, and i love it.. even though i've never really had a bad bottle fill (bottles filled like 6 months ago still are drinking nicely) i really like how the blichmann beer gun lets you purge the bottle with co2 before you even bottle, making the "cap on foam" not as important.. some of the lower carbed beers (and apfelwein) i have to basically fill up to the tippy top to get it cap on correctly..

so ad a DIYer i decided to make my own CO2 gun to go along with by bowie bottle filler.. i put a tee in one of my 2 gas lines (the one i don't use as much or have lower carbed drinks on) and put a long air hose along with a blow gun on the end.. the gun has an extension so i can put it right down into the bottle and purge then switch right over to the bottle filler..

i haven't tried it yet though i'm looking forward to filling some apfelwein for some wedding shower favors next weekend.. i've posted some pics below

CO2Gun1.jpg

CO2Gun2.jpg

CO2Gun3.jpg

Back