My single tier LPG/eRIMS build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rossi46

Reaction score
Ive been doing 5 gallon all grain for a little over a year and wanted to step up to ten gallon batches. My wife bought me a Penrose kettle for my birthday so I figured it was time to build a stand. Well this is what I got done last night. More to come.

image-2909261479.jpg

image-886379170.jpg

image-2756053385.jpg

Thanks! Next I need to hang my burners and make a mount for my control box.

brewmaster89 said:
Any chance you have a parts list so far? Maybe keep adding to it as you go?

Yeah I'll see what I can put together. I've been collecting stuff for a while so chances are it won't be 100% accurate.

Finally getting a chance to work on my stand. Pump mounts done. Plate chiller mount done. Rims tube mount done. Need to mount burners and control panel.

image-1326409624.jpg

Not a whole lot. Got my control panel mounted. It can swivel 360 degrees. Got my burner rings done, but I have to remake one of them, I'm not happy with it.

image-941648855.jpg

image-1459153525.jpg

Can you make 180's so I don't have to use 2 street elbows on the pump inlets. 1/2" females on both ends. PM me the price.

Got the burners mounted. Adjustable height, 2,3,and 4 inches.
Can't find the right gas fittings I want here in town, I'll have to find some on the net somewhere. 3/8 female flare to 1/4 male pipe for the orifice to needle valve.

image-3405369775.jpg

Nice clean brew rig . Also the bike :rockin: Can't go wrong with a springer front end!!!!

This setup is looking good! Was it a tough decision trying to figure out if you want to put the pumps above or below the tube? Once you get the connectors on they look like they're going to be pretty low.

I knew I wanted them under because the rims and chiller, also the shields would be super easy to make.
The inlet will be about 10"

image-240272977.jpg

on the shields you need to put a 30 deg angle on each side cradling the pump because when they are flat and liquid drips on them it can flow under and damage pumps

Got my control panel pieces put in, still need to wire. Waiting on some gas plumbing parts and a couple of ball valves.

image-1573618477.jpg

image-228459122.jpg

image-1174198893.jpg

Got some hoses done. Still need a few more fittings.
Got the control panel wired. To my surprise everything worked the very first try.
Still waiting on my gas fittings, should be here tomorrow if FedEx doesn't change the date on me again.

image-242217607.jpg

image-2449366837.jpg

Painted vht flat blue today. Gonna let it bake in the sun for a few days before I reassemble it.

image-992725804.jpg

Did a wet test today, I have to fix a leak at the mlt weldless fitting on the bottom. Also I'm going to clamp the hoses because a couple of the dribble a little. I didn't have much time so I only let the rims element warm up a few degrees. All in all a pretty good day.

image-2270976246.jpg

Got my leaks fixed and made all of the kettle standoffs. Going to run through a simulation some time this week and if all goes well, brew on Saturday.

image-1687988359.jpg

image-3658856135.jpg

image-1187400486.jpg

image-554688041.jpg

Took it on a test drive tonight. Everything seemed to work as it should. I still need to read more on the pid, but it held 175 for an hour with only 14 gallons of water.
If I can find time I will do a batch of Ed Wort's Pale Ale this weekend.

image-2688313976.jpg

Rossi, I'm curious. How do you like your kettle stand offs? What did you end up using and how thick are they? Also do they work and allow the burners to breathe properly and more efficiently?

John

Back