IPA extract recipe please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budchx

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm keen on trying to brew an IPA but need an extract recipe cause it's gonna be my third brew only...
Keen on putting hops to have a flavory one and quite like it with ABV around 6 or 7%.
any suggestions or recipes are welcome.
Thanks mates

Thanks mates,those recipes look great,now need to decide which one I'm gonna go with...

I'm brewing Midwest's hophead double IPA as we speak. I picked this one because of all the great reviews on its website.

I did the midwest double hop head about 7 mos ago and it came out awesome.....didn't last long in my house. I am about to brew the dennys wry smile ryePA kit from N B

brewing that this weekend. :ban:

Enjoy it! Like I said in my previous post, this was my first brew. I had to wait a little extra time (say 4 week bottle conditioning) because the first few I opened were under carbonated and tasted a little sweet. I may have done something "wrong", but just a heads up...if it's not perfect at first, just wait longer! :mug:

Enjoy it! Like I said in my previous post, this was my first brew. I had to wait a little extra time (say 4 week bottle conditioning) because the first few I opened were under carbonated and tasted a little sweet. I may have done something "wrong", but just a heads up...if it's not perfect at first, just wait longer! :mug:

I switched to kegs after 18 years of HB and bottling...best decision ever..
However, your advice to "wait" is so very true. If you bottle and are not happy with the initial taste, wait...I've had 2, 6, 8 month and 1+ year beer that just got better with time. Of course, this is my plug for kegging...so much easier and the taste? ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Back