Options for first brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SailorJerry

Reaction score
Alright, a friend and myself are going to be doing a stove top partial boil, partial mash brew. I've assisted a neighbor more than a few times with brewing, but am new to doing it on my own. Just curious what you guys would recommend for a simple pale ale recipe without a lot of bitterness (my friends isn't a IPA lover).

I was going through recipes and found Kabe's Ale - has like 8 pages of responses on it and looked good. Has anyone tried it?:mug:

Kabe's is good along with EdWort's Haus Pale Ale and Dude's Lakewalk Pale Ale. All tested by me and all highly recommended.

I just did a search for EdWorts and I'm really only finding AG recipes, which I do not have the capabilities of doing in my apartment. I found what I believe to be a partial mash, but they said to mash the Vienna grains, by mash are they meaning steep w/ the Crystal?

I've done Edwort's Haus Pale both extract & partial mash. Getting ready to do the AG version. It's a good recipe and I have it in regular rotation. I sometimes also like to switch out the 60 minute cascade hops with centennial.

Back