Weldless Sight Gauge on Keggle at Angle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EFaden

Reaction score
Hey,

So I installed a weldless sight gauge (Fermentap) on my keggle a while back. Apparently the spot I chose was at a slight angle, which didn't seem to be that steep. When I put the sight gauge on, however, it is away from the keg by several inches on the top... I would say it is 5 degrees or so from the vertical... Does anyone have any good suggestions to straighten it up?

-Eric

The fermentap style doesn't have an eyebolt at the top. It is only attached at the bottom. They are the ones that morebeer has.

Remove the sight glass. Then GENTLY massage the area around the hole with a hammer. Go slow and easy. Work the top of the hole inward till it is parallel with the side of the keg. Worked for me!

Hope I helped!

Kevin

Hey,

So I installed a weldless sight gauge (Fermentap) on my keggle a while back. Apparently the spot I chose was at a slight angle, which didn't seem to be that steep. When I put the sight gauge on, however, it is away from the keg by several inches on the top... I would say it is 5 degrees or so from the vertical... Does anyone have any good suggestions to straighten it up?

-Eric

i had a similar issue if your tubing is poly carbonate than use a heat gun to gently heat where the tubing into the weld less fitting and bend it into where you need it be gentle with the heat as because if you get it to hot it will bubble.

I guess that's what happens when an actual brewer designs a brewing part ;)

You can tweak the area around the hole in your keg to straighten it out a bit. What size hole is drilled? If it's say 9/16", put a half inch bolt through the hole, head inside the keg, with a thick washer on both sides. Tighten the nut down really hard, then pull upward on the bolt and release. See if the bolt is horizontal. If not, keep pulling.

Woah, they actually get $65 for that setup.

i had a similar issue if your tubing is poly carbonate than use a heat gun to gently heat where the tubing into the weld less fitting and bend it into where you need it be gentle with the heat as because if you get it to hot it will bubble.

I had to do this on a bobby_m sightglass because I soldered my coupling in the kettle a little crooked. A little bit of heat and gentle bending is all it took to make it right.

Back